Ohio State or Oklahoma for the playoffs, make your case

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big part of this involves Notre Dame being undefeated, which will probably stop two SEC teams getting in. Notre Dame is in if they win in any way, shape or form tonight. I’m not downplaying anything. OSU had a bad loss to Purdue and Oklahoma lost to Texas, whom also lost to Maryland, which is all going to be taken in to consideration. If Oklahoma beats Texas and does it convincing, it’s probably enough.

This seems like Deja Vu like last year. The reason why I say your down playing it, is because you are. Losing to a 500 team on the road is bad lost even if its by 3. Osu didnt just barely lose though. They got beat down by a bad team. While Oklahoma lost a 3 point game to a good team. Beat down losses to bad teams dont just happen to teams who are supposed to be a top 4 team.

OSU beat down lost last year to Iowa was the only reason why they didn't make it last year. If they simply lost a close game to Iowa. They probably make it is as the big 10 champ over Bama who didnt even play in the sec title game. That beat down lost is what kept them out. Even though people wanted to down play it as just any other lost. The committee even said they took that into consideration. It's hard for a team to claim they are one of the 4 best with a beat down lost to a 500 team.

So it seems like you are not taking into consideration how they lost. Much like how this probably even isnt a thread if Osu barely won today. But you seem to be putting a lot of weight into how they won today, but are down playing how they got beat down by a bad team.

My point is that kept them out last year too. When comparing 2 one lost teams. When one team lost by 3 to a top 15 team. While the other got beat down by a 500 team. It's really no comparison.

If both teams win next week then Oklahoma is in. The only way Oklahoma has to win convincely next week is if OSU goes out and beats down Northwestern. If both teams simply just win by normal margins. Oklahoma is in.

With all that said. With Michigan losing today. I think Bama is a lock now win or lose against Georgia. Unless Georgia blows them out. If Bama loses a close game. They are in over either Oklahoma or OSU.

I agree that Bama is in all likelihood locked into the playoff. But I do think it’s a debate. I know we aren’t supposed to judge year to year but if was a debate between Bama and OSU last year, I certainly think they would debate Bama/ OU/ OSU a lot.

It's not the equal at all. Army even became a top 25 team this year lol. Difference is Oklahoma still won lol

Some of you osu posters on here wanted to act like Purdue was up and coming because of their coach. Well Minnesota showed what you all should have done to a team who barely became bowl eligible in Purdue.

But even if you want to use the Oklahoma overtime win against Army against them. Then you also have osu barely beating a horrible Nebraksa team. Then literally one pass away from losing to a bad Mayland team.

So OSU has a beat down lost to a bad team and also to wins they barely escaped against bad teams. So once again there is really not much osu fans can say that would be a good argument for them over Oklahoma.

They need to go out and beat down Norrhwestern to truly have a shot to leap from Oklahoma. If they beat down Northwestern. Then they at least will have the case that they are finally playing to their level of talent they have. Which is top 2 talent. But they will have to prove that's who they are now imo to leap from Oklahoma.

Couldn’t agree more, as it stands right now it’s EASILY Oklahoma.