Ohio State or Oklahoma for the playoffs, make your case

Jumper_Dad

With OSU thumping Michigan and headed to the B1G title game against Northwestern and Oklahoma heading to the Big12 Title game against Texas, who gets in the playoffs if they both win?

Lets assume that it comes down to these two, who will get in and who should get in?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma. What osu has done today shouldn't change what's happened over the last month. OSU unlike Oklahoma got beat down by a 500 team. OSU barely won against a horrible Nebraska team barely escaped a bad Maryland team.

Especially that blow out lost really hurts them in their case. While Oklahoma can avange their only lost. Plus beating Texas is a better win than Northwestern will be.

OSU will have to do what they did in 2014 to even have a shot imo and that is to absolutely blow out Northwestern like they did Wisconsin in the big 10 championship.

The 3-5 OSU fans, Ohio State, the 1.5 Michigan fans, Oklahoma. Everyone else, Oklahoma. Close the thread lol.

It should be that way. It's hard to say you are better than another team who also win their conference. When you have played as bad against bad teams as OSU has. Including a beat down lost to a team who had to win today just to get bowl eligible.

It's hard to say a team is better when they take a beat down lost to a bad team. That's what kept them out last year too, and that is what will hurt them this year too.

It should be that way. It's hard to say you are better than another team who also win their conference. When you have played as bad against bad teams as OSU has. Including a beat down lost to a team who had to win today just to get bowl eligible.

It's hard to say a team is better when they take a beat down lost to a bad team. That's what kept them out last year too, and that is what will hurt them this year too.

My friend I’ve been around here long enough to realize there is no such thing as objectivity with OSU on this board. I’m sure Grant will plead his case to deaf ears, I’ll let him deal with you all lol.

My friend I’ve been around here long enough to realize there is no such thing as objectivity with OSU on this board. I’m sure Grant will plead his case to deaf ears, I’ll let him deal with you all lol.

I really would love the case brought about by you all that they should. Top teams may get upset in a close game to a bad to average team on the road. That can happen. What has happened to OSU two years in a row to bad teams and getting blown out by bad teams dont happen to top teams.

Both OSU and Oklahoma are great offenses bad defenses. OSU defense gives up big points to big 10 offenses, which ain't good lol. If it comes down to it no reason why OSU should leap frog Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost a close one to a top 15 team. OSU got blown out by a team who barely became bowl eligible. It's really no comparison.

It will take a 2014 blow out win in big 10 championship to give them a shot to jump them. Even then it's hard because Oklahoma would then be getting a win over the one team who beat them a team better than Northwestern.

If Oklahoma loses though, then its Osu and it should be then.

I really would love the case brought about by you all that they should. Top teams may get upset in a close game to a bad to average team on the road. That can happen. What has happened to OSU two years in a row to bad teams and getting blown out by bad teams dont happen to top teams.

Both OSU and Oklahoma are great offenses bad defenses. OSU defense gives up big points to big 10 offenses, which ain't good lol. If it comes down to it no reason why OSU should leap frog Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost a close one to a top 15 team. OSU got blown out by a team who barely became bowl eligible. It's really no comparison.

It will take a 2014 blow out win in big 10 championship to give them a shot to jump them. Even then it's hard because Oklahoma would then be getting a win over the one team who beat them a team better than Northwestern.

If Oklahoma loses though, then its Osu and it should be then.

Army taking Oklahoma to OT at home is the = of a Purdue loss.

I’m good. We can just stay quiet JA. O-H my brother

I’m not convinced over the difference between Ohio State and Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost to Texas and has a chance to beat them, but their wins haven’t been any different from Ohio State IMO. Both teams have been on the ropes the last few weeks.

While I believe that Michigan showed that they were overrated today, timing and rankings can make a difference. If both teams win their conference championship games, it will come down to who does it most convincingly. Regardless, both teams have to win next week to make the playoff. If either loses, they are out.

Army taking Oklahoma to OT at home is the = of a Purdue loss.

It's not the equal at all. Army even became a top 25 team this year lol. Difference is Oklahoma still won lol

Some of you osu posters on here wanted to act like Purdue was up and coming because of their coach. Well Minnesota showed what you all should have done to a team who barely became bowl eligible in Purdue.

But even if you want to use the Oklahoma overtime win against Army against them. Then you also have osu barely beating a horrible Nebraksa team. Then literally one pass away from losing to a bad Mayland team.

So OSU has a beat down lost to a bad team and also to wins they barely escaped against bad teams. So once again there is really not much osu fans can say that would be a good argument for them over Oklahoma.

They need to go out and beat down Norrhwestern to truly have a shot to leap from Oklahoma. If they beat down Northwestern. Then they at least will have the case that they are finally playing to their level of talent they have. Which is top 2 talent. But they will have to prove that's who they are now imo to leap from Oklahoma.

It's not the equal at all. Army even became a top 25 team this year lol. Difference is Oklahoma still won lol

Some of you osu posters on here wanted to act like Purdue was up and coming because of their coach. Well Minnesota showed what you all should have done to a team who barely became bowl eligible in Purdue.

But even if you want to use the Oklahoma overtime win against Army against them. Then you also have osu barely beating a horrible Nebraksa team. Then literally one pass away from losing to a bad Mayland team.

So OSU has a beat down lost to a bad team and also to wins they barely escaped against bad teams. So once again there is really not much osu fans can say that would be a good argument for them over Oklahoma.

They need to go out and beat down Norrhwestern to truly have a shot to leap from Oklahoma. If they beat down Northwestern. Then they at least will have the case that they are finally playing to their level of talent they have. Which is top 2 talent. But they will have to prove that's who they are now imo to leap from Oklahoma.

Texas lost to Maryland...

I’m not convinced over the difference between Ohio State and Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost to Texas and has a chance to beat them, but their wins haven’t been any different from Ohio State IMO. Both teams have been on the ropes the last few weeks.

While I believe that Michigan showed that they were overrated today, timing and rankings can make a difference. If both teams win their conference championship games, it will come down to who does it most convincingly. Regardless, both teams have to win next week to make the playoff. If either loses, they are out.

People down played it last year and it cost them the 4th spot last year. And I think you are down playing it too. The committee said last year they did take into account OSU beat down lost to a bad Iowa team last year. When it chose non conference champ Bama over a conference champ OSU.

Imo its the same deal this year. That blow out lost OSU had to a team who barely became bowl eligible cant be forgotten. Especially when compared to a team who also won their conference championship and their only lost coming by 3 to a top 20 team. If OSU just simply got upset in a close game on the road, then I agree with you. However that beat down lost to a bad team does hurt OSU more than Texas lost and it should. You don't see top teams take beat down losses to bad teams like we saw osu do.

Texas lost to Maryland...

True and Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan. Purdue got beat down by Minnesota. Yet Purdue beat down OSU. Troy beat Nebraska and Nebraska about beat OSU.

Like it or not once again almost any argument you all will use for why should be in front of Oklahoma. There is even more for why they shouldn't.

It's very simple. It was the same deal last year. Dont get beat down by bad teams. You may see a top team lose a close game on the road to a team they shouldn't. What you dont see is a top team take beat down losses to bad teams. It is what kept OSU out last year and will be used against them again. Unless they can go out and beat down Northwesten too.