Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Covington Catholic (Playoffs) - Predictions

Featured Replies

Well, time for round 2, this time at CCH on Saturday. Let's hear about it!

  • Replies 247
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I predict the Birds will knock off the colonels in a tight game that could go either way, just like last time. Cecil will be the hero this week as he runs his way to 2 scores and they win 17-13. CCH kicks two field goals and scores on a kickoff return by Castenada because Dale finally listens to all the grumblers on BGP and in the stands and kicks it to their deep men. : )

  • Author

The field position battle will be a huge deal in this game, in my opinion. Also, HHS will have to find a better way of either getting more pressure on the CCH QB or covering the CCH receivers.

 

As much as I hate to say it, on paper I think CCH matches up a little better. The HHS coaching staff will really have to shine this week and on Saturday.

I predict the Birds will knock off the colonels in a tight game that could go either way, just like last time. Cecil will be the hero this week as he runs his way to 2 scores and they win 17-13. CCH kicks two field goals and scores on a kickoff return by Castenada because Dale finally listens to all the grumblers on BGP and in the stands and kicks it to their deep men. : )

 

So you feel that the CCH offence won’t produce any points? I beg to differ. CCH’s WR are too good for the HHS secondary. CCH with at least 2 TD’s from the air and another from the ground.

I think the key will be if CCH can run the ball as effectively as the 1st game.

The way they were able to run right at HHS causing HHS to play more single coverage than they probably wanted to because their safety had to help on the run.This causes HHS to play corners softer allowing the slant and hitches to be open.IMO I felt CCH was very smart on how they dealt with HHS's speed they went straight at them with ISO's and traps.A lot of CCH's pass play were on 3 step drops. It is hard to put pressure on the QB when the ball is thrown so quickly. I know on the last drive they did more 5 step drops HHS must get to him on the slower developing pass plays.

 

If HHS can contain the run without to much safety support it will be hard for CCH to put together long drives.

 

I do not think CCH will be able to stop or contain Kramer, Cecil (running and passing) and Conner.

Maybe 1 of the 3 but not 2 of the 3 this will cause problems because once

1 of them burn you, you will adjust then that sets up the other 2. Almost like picking your poison as the game goes along.

 

I will take HHS 28-10 over CCH.

 

Just my thoughts and observations with no ties to either team.

Should be one awesome game to watch.Good luck to both teams!

I think Brandon Brown needs to carry the ball a lot in this game for CCH. He is much quicker than Buckley, and seemed to get through the holes created with ease. He averaged 6 or 7 yards per carry.

I watched the regular season game on TV. Might have been the best game I have ever seen. Such great heart from the Colonels! Gotta go with my neighbors! 21-14!

Wow. Really can't give much of a prediction. HHS has a chip on their shoulder that I'm sure they would LOVE to remove, but CCH now knows what it feels like to finally beat the team from Ft. Thomas. I say CCH likes that taste and won't let it go.

 

CCH 27

HHS 24

 

Cannot wait. Is it Saturday yet?

From the Cincinnat Enquirer

 

Colonels focused on Highlands

Big victory sets up rematch from classic season finale

BY TODD BONDS | ENQUIRER CONTRIBUTOR

Covington Catholic running back Brent Buckley wanted to make a statement. He wanted the statement to be heard in Fort Thomas.

He decided to use Saturday's first-round home playoff game against Grant County as his microphone. And he spoke eloquently.

The junior ran 13 times for 108 yards and four touchdowns, all in the first half, to lead the Colonels to a 49-0 victory. The win was the second this season over the Braves and advanced CovCath (8-3) into a second-round game against Highlands. Highlands defeated South Oldham 41-19 Friday. The Colonels defeated the Bluebirds 29-27 on the last play of the regular-season finale.

 

To read the rest of the article click on the above link.....

 

I do agree with CovCath Coach R when he said,

"Emotions will be high, and that could play a factor," Rodenberg said. "I expect both teams to come out and play mistake-free football," he said. I really expect it to come down to who cracks first. Who's going to make the first mistake? It will come down to which coach can calm his team down first."

 

I think that neither CovCath nor the Team from Ft. Thomas can afford to get to high for this game. The team that can settle down, and play their game first, will win.......

Like I said for the first game. Highlands team is one dimensional and this will kill them in the second game. Cov. Cath will move the ball much easier this game and score a minimum of 28. Cov Cath's defense will shut down the

running game and Highlands will be lucky to score 7. FINAL COV. 31 HIGHLANDS. 7

Highlands lost on the last play of the game last time. IMO this will be another classic with the game coming down to who has the ball last.

 

Highlands 20

Covcath 17

Highlands will win this one.

What time is this one being played on Saturday? I may want to drive up and watch these two. Its always hard to beat a team twice, so Im going to go with Highlands this time around.

 

Highlands: 27

Cov. Catholic: 24

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.