Highlands at Covington Catholic (Playoffs) - Predictions

jbwill2

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I said for the first game. Highlands team is one dimensional and this will kill them in the second game.

Two thoughts:

1. Colerain is one-dimensional.

2. This one-dimensional offense threw up 26 points and scored on every possession in the 2nd half in the last meeting.

I'm most excited about seeing what, if anything, changes in the game planning for both teams. How does HHS get more pressure on the qb? How does CCH stop Cecil AND Kramer? Does HHS kick deep? Does HHS play the same D against Bo and Pete? Does CCH throw more or use their ground game that seemed to be pretty effective? WHo totes the ball for CCH?

Fun stuff.

Two great teams w/alot of history, two of the top programs in the state.

I like the home team. Highlands better hope it doesn't come down to a fieldgoal, if it does, it's a no brainer who wins.

The first game was one of the top high school games I have ever watched.

Theoldguy - You forgot to include this interesting quote:

"I want (Highlands) to feel overwhelmed. I want them to see we have too many weapons to stop."

:eek:

Get out your scissors and tape Birds! :cool:

Just to be clear, the above quote wasn't from Coach Rodenberg, it was from an over-zealous player.

Do you really think that they are looking for things to get them motivated?

My take is that all the Team from Ft. Thomas needs is to remember the loss that they took the last time these two met, and CovCath, all they need is to remember how good it felt to beat the Team from Ft. Thomas in the last game. Any Blue Bird or Colonel player who needs something other than what I just wrote, doesn't need to be playing in this game Saturday.....

Any Blue Bird or Colonel player who needs something other than what I just wrote, doesn't need to be playing in this game Saturday.....
But every little bit helps. ;)

Besides, when they serve up a meatball like that, it's awfully hard not to take a swing at it. :cool:

Gosh I guess that poor little one dimensional team is in for a loooonnng night against a team that will overwhelm them with too many weapons to stop. Just wanted to make sure the bulletin board gets it right. :D

Seriously, I'm hoping the birds have an awful taste in their mouths from the first game and make the adjustments to slow down the CCH offense.

HHS 35

CCH 30