Highlands at Covington Catholic (Playoffs) - Predictions

jbwill2

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I will: Boyle County wins by a TD over SW! Also, Southwestern will not be the only 3A district champ to get knocked off by a team they beat earlier this year come this weekend, if you get my drift!!!!! Go 'Birds!

Thanks for making CovCath the district champs....but I think that won't hapen until after CovCath beats the Team from Ft. Thomas on Saturday.:D

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=104010

See Post #16

IMO HHS can't beat CCH unless Kramer has a huge game. I think Cecil will play well again, although I do think that the Colonels will keep Josh Conner from breaking a few big runs out. Finally, I think that Coach Mueller has a few tricks up his sleeve.

CCH's line created solid holes last game but they did have too many penalties. From the last game, I think that CovCath should throw more, as IMO Highlands has NO ONE who can stop Sutton or Bovard.

How much offensive and defensively did each team show in the first game. It seem like the birds only ran about 5 or 6 different plays in the first game. Do you think that Dale was holding out for this game since this is the game that really matters?

I believe Dale has a little something for the boys from Park Hills......I hope alot of posters in this thread like "CROW" because they will be eating it come Saturday afternoon............No "CAKE" for you guys....:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I believe Dale has a little something for the boys from Park Hills......I hope alot of posters in this thread like "CROW" because they will be eating it come Saturday afternoon............No "CAKE" for you guys....:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Saying things like this could make it hard for someone to live in Edgewood after a loss in Park Hills :walk:

I expect another hard hitting, well played game. I doubt CovCath will make many adjustments on offense. I look for them to again concentrate on getting the ball to Bovard and Sutton and use Brown and Buckley to run the ball when they think the Birds are concentrating too much on stopping the pass. On defense, I expect CovCath to stunt their d linemen a lot more to stop Highlands guards from getting out on the CovCath linebackers. CovCaths linebackers pursue the ball very well, but our guards did a great job of running with them and maintaining contact, which allowed our running backs to cut back behind the blocks. I expect their d line to stunt into the guards to stop us from getting onto their linebackers. Our tackles will need to be ready to scrape off of the stunting d linemen onto their linebackers.

As to our adjustments, I'm not sure what we will do anything different on offense. We ran the ball very effectively. Perhaps we will pass the ball more, but the best defense against their offense is to keep their offense off the field, in other words, we run the ball to keep possession for long periods of time. On defense, I don't know what we'll do if anything (even if I did, I sure wouldn't post it on here:banana:). CovCath beat us on a last second play that was as difficult of a pass to complete as there is. Sutton's td pass was a result of a blown assignment. Personally, I didn't think our pass coverage was all that bad. If Dale makes a bunch of changes of personnel and/or coverages, it makes the likelihood of more blown pass coverage assignments even greater. Not a good thing when playing CovCath.

About the only change I would make is eliminating the squib kickoffs. I'm not sure of what the logic or rationale for those was (and I trust that there was solid reasons), but hopefully whatever the cause of the squibs was, it has been resolved. Don't get me wrong, Castanada and Brown are dangerous kick off returners, but assuming Bathiany's leg is healthy, he gets them to the endzone 50% of the time and on the other 50%, we'll just have to make sure we do a great job covering the kicks.

At the end of the day, I expect little adjustments on the Highlands O, the CovCath O and the Highlands D, but greater adjustments on the CovCath D. Of course I predict a Highlands win, but then again, I always predict a Highlands win:laugh:. Go Birds.

I expect CovCath to stunt their d linemen a lot more to stop Highlands guards from getting out on the CovCath linebackers.

I expect their d line to stunt into the guards to stop us from getting onto their linebackers.

Repeating yourself? Age thing? B-day got you all messed up?

Happy B-Day:dancingpa

I expect another hard hitting, well played game. I doubt CovCath will make many adjustments on offense. I look for them to again concentrate on getting the ball to Bovard and Sutton and use Brown and Buckley to run the ball when they think the Birds are concentrating too much on stopping the pass. On defense, I expect CovCath to stunt their d linemen a lot more to stop Highlands guards from getting out on the CovCath linebackers. CovCaths linebackers pursue the ball very well, but our guards did a great job of running with them and maintaining contact, which allowed our running backs to cut back behind the blocks. I expect their d line to stunt into the guards to stop us from getting onto their linebackers. Our tackles will need to be ready to scrape off of the stunting d linemen onto their linebackers.

As to our adjustments, I'm not sure what we will do anything different on offense. We ran the ball very effectively. Perhaps we will pass the ball more, but the best defense against their offense is to keep their offense off the field, in other words, we run the ball to keep possession for long periods of time. On defense, I don't know what we'll do if anything (even if I did, I sure wouldn't post it on here:banana:). CovCath beat us on a last second play that was as difficult of a pass to complete as there is. Sutton's td pass was a result of a blown assignment. Personally, I didn't think our pass coverage was all that bad. If Dale makes a bunch of changes of personnel and/or coverages, it makes the likelihood of more blown pass coverage assignments even greater. Not a good thing when playing CovCath.

About the only change I would make is eliminating the squib kickoffs. I'm not sure of what the logic or rationale for those was (and I trust that there was solid reasons), but hopefully whatever the cause of the squibs was, it has been resolved. Don't get me wrong, Castanada and Brown are dangerous kick off returners, but assuming Bathiany's leg is healthy, he gets them to the endzone 50% of the time and on the other 50%, we'll just have to make sure we do a great job covering the kicks.

At the end of the day, I expect little adjustments on the Highlands O, the CovCath O and the Highlands D, but greater adjustments on the CovCath D. Of course I predict a Highlands win, but then again, I always predict a Highlands win:laugh:. Go Birds.

I agree on the kick offs. If we can kick to Victor Anderson than we can kick to CCH.

Saying things like this could make it hard for someone to live in Edgewood after a loss in Park Hills :walk:

I think I'll be ok...........:D I've lived there for 5 yrs and I'm still alive.. Plus I'm not planning on a loss.......:ylsuper: :ylsuper: