Problems at Ryle?

BigTuna6

Knee jerk Guru, unless you know more than you're letting on. Which, I have no doubt that you do.

If the soccer situation occurred and nothing was done, then that is grounds for dismissal. Same with the fight situation. Give the head coach the opportunity to prove his professionalism or his lack thereof. If nothing corrective is done, then yes, by all means, fire the coach. The assistant, however, gone baby, bye bye.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee jerk Guru, unless you know more than you're letting on. Which, I have no doubt that you do.

If the soccer situation occurred and nothing was done, then that is grounds for dismissal. Same with the fight situation. Give the head coach the opportunity to prove his professionalism or his lack thereof. If nothing corrective is done, then yes, by all means, fire the coach. The assistant, however, gone baby, bye bye.

We are playing the what if game.

And yeah I heard a little more, I just laughed...

Seriously everyone, I live in Ryle's school district, I want them to be good.

Valid points.

What happens on the field stays on the field he shouldn't be fired.

Under no circumstance, nor at any time, is it okay for high school kids to be fighting at school or the playing field during an organized school activity. This isn't a professional team, nor are they grown men. If players were fighting at practice they should be suspended or removed from the team. If coaches were fighting at practice, they must be removed from their positions because they've forfeited their right to lead and set an example for young athletes in a high school sports setting. If the girls soccer team was scheduled to be on the field at that time, it is their time to be on the field, which is how every high school and college sports team handle the use of facilities. The safety of your student athlete's is the paramount objective as the head coach. Winning is a distant second. I don't know what truly happened here, but I do know school systems and their protocol. And if someone was hurt, Guru said it best, break out the checkbook 'cause we going to Sizzler!

Man, some interesting perspectives in here. No way some of you played football...

“In my day” guys went at it at practice,you let them do their thing for a few minutes and break it up. Players usually broke it up, coaches were there to make all parties run laps afterwards. There was a definite hierarchy that was followed. If it went too far and someone was swinging helmets at players on his own team...that is a different issue. Make that person accountable for their actions. Strange concept these days.