Problems at Ryle?

BigTuna6

“In my day” guys went at it at practice,you let them do their thing for a few minutes and break it up. Players usually broke it up, coaches were there to make all parties run laps afterwards. There was a definite hierarchy that was followed. If it went too far and someone was swinging helmets at players on his own team...that is a different issue. Make that person accountable for their actions. Strange concept these days.

There was a “fight” literally every year I played football. Some much more heated than others, and quite a few where coaches ended up in the scrum trying to pull people apart. If someone is stupid enough to take their helmet off and swing it, punish that kid.

Firing coaches over a fight at practice? Seriously?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lol can't sit the kids then. If you played ball you'd know this is normal teammates fight /coaches fight. Football is a man's game not for the weak. I'm pretty sure they are good now that they got it off they chest

New day and age. Cameras every where you will look like a fool fighting in front of a bunch of kids at school.

So lol can't sit the kids then. If you played ball you'd know this is normal teammates fight /coaches fight. Football is a man's game not for the weak. I'm pretty sure they are good now that they got it off they chest

So you're not a man and your weak if you don't fight? Grown men that are supposed to be leading and setting an example for young men by fighting like children. Cmon man. Toughness is doing things the right way, doing your best and giving 100% 100% of the time, controlling your emotions not letting others control them, on the football field it's doing your job, kicking someone's butt and being nasty within the rules, etc.. Fighting and swinging helmets, etc. is no different than children losing their temper and throwing toys. Not saying the coaches should be fired or the players suspended but equating fighting and this behavior to being a man and not being weak is just a load of crap.

So you're not a man and your weak if you don't fight? Grown men that are supposed to be leading and setting an example for young men by fighting like children. Cmon man. Toughness is doing things the right way, doing your best and giving 100% 100% of the time, controlling your emotions not letting others control them, on the football field it's doing your job, kicking someone's butt and being nasty within the rules, etc.. Fighting and swinging helmets, etc. is no different than children losing their temper and throwing toys. Not saying the coaches should be fired or the players suspended but equating fighting and this behavior to being a man and not being weak is just a load of crap.

If you want to spin it that way ok.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

Under no circumstance, nor at any time, is it okay for high school kids to be fighting at school or the playing field during an organized school activity. This isn't a professional team, nor are they grown men. If players were fighting at practice they should be suspended or removed from the team. If coaches were fighting at practice, they must be removed from their positions because they've forfeited their right to lead and set an example for young athletes in a high school sports setting. If the girls soccer team was scheduled to be on the field at that time, it is their time to be on the field, which is how every high school and college sports team handle the use of facilities. The safety of your student athlete's is the paramount objective as the head coach. Winning is a distant second. I don't know what truly happened here, but I do know school systems and their protocol. And if someone was hurt, Guru said it best, break out the checkbook 'cause we going to Sizzler!

I can’t agree with that. Stuff happens, especially when your team struggles. The issue is A. Swinging a helmet is WAY outside of the lines. EVERY player knows that. If it happened, then that player needs to be gone. B. Disrespect bn different programs under the same roof. A fight in practice is common and not a big deal. How the fight is squashed is key.

I can’t agree with that. Stuff happens, especially when your team struggles. The issue is A. Swinging a helmet is WAY outside of the lines. EVERY player knows that. If it happened, then that player needs to be gone. B. Disrespect bn different programs under the same roof. A fight in practice is common and not a big deal. How the fight is squashed is key.

Stuff does happen, but you're too smart to really believe a fight is not a big deal. If they fight during a game what happens? Are they disqualified or is it not a big deal? If they're disqualified for a fight, how many games does that player lose? So, if you're a senior, and have 10 regular season games left, but get into a fight and lose two of those games it's not a big deal?

My main focus with this is to practice good habits and lead by example. I understand kids fight, I really do, but it's not okay to fight at school. I have witnessed fights in football games and have seen the aftermath and it is a big deal. We can agree to disagree, it's the nature of this board. I'm not a Ryle fan, nor am I a fan of their coach.

I too played football, but I never saw a fight in practice. We did win a lot, so you have a great point there.

I was told the head coach has no control of the team. A defensive coach was fired after all was said for having Juniors fighting with Seniors, punched another coach, called a lady soccer coach something and doing some other unprofessional stuff.

Having juniors fight with seniors? Oh no how dare they. The other stuff though, unacceptable.