Shooting at Fountain Square in Cincinnati

TheDeuce

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work across the street from Fountain Square in the Huntington Bank Building. Crazy day to say the least yesterday. On our floor (14th), we could actually hear the gun shots and then we could see the cops and SWAT teams going around Fountain Square for a while and it was eery. Our building was on lockdown for a few hours...that is just a strange feeling knowing you cannot leave your building...first time I have been in a building on lock down like that.

One interesting story...a lady in a department near me told me that she went to Graeters on Fountain Square to get coffee (right near where this all went down). She had literally just gotten back to her desk and sat down when the bullets started flying. If she had gone to Graeters 5 minutes later, she would have been in the line of fire. She was holding her Graeters coffee cup while telling me the story...crazy.

We are lucky that this was not much worse knowing how much ammunition this loser had. It is amazing CPD took him out that quickly. Great job!

Anyone who’s been down there knows, it makes no sense to me why he picked the lobby of that building. It’s not really big, it’s heavily secured and and there isn’t crazy traffic there. He could have gone to a hundred places downtown to get equal results or just walked out on to the square.

That part has bothered me for two days now. It just doesn’t make sense.

On a complete side note, after watching the body cam footage and reading the report about the number of shots fired...did anybody else notice the one officer's rifle must have jammed? According to the report he only fired once and you can see him quickly put it on the ground in favor of his sidearm. Any of our LEO's or gun enthusiasts know what type of gun the officer he had? Does this (jamming) happen frequently with that model? Because if it was me, that wouldn't instill a great degree of confidence in using it...especially when your life could be on the line. Thank goodness he had backup and an alternative weapon.

On a complete side note, after watching the body cam footage and reading the report about the number of shots fired...did anybody else notice the one officer's rifle must have jammed? According to the report he only fired once and you can see him quickly put it on the ground in favor of his sidearm. Any of our LEO's or gun enthusiasts know what type of gun the officer he had? Does this (jamming) happen frequently with that model? Because if it was me, that wouldn't instill a great degree of confidence in using it...especially when your life could be on the line. Thank goodness he had backup and an alternative weapon.

AR, as for the jam, could be a few reasons, my guess is due to cleaning.

I thought it looked like an m16.