NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is this an issue with the players in the NFL but it is not an issue in baseball or basketball?

No idea, I guess one could argue that a player was either brave enough or stupid enough to be the first to do it in the NFL and like we often see in life outliers have followers.

So the NFL should outlaw people pointing the sky after a big play? I mean that is the player expressing their belief in a higher being.

They outlaw the flashing of gang signs.

Obviously the NFL is picking and choosing but it is the NFL's business to pick and choose with.

No idea, I guess one could argue that a player was either brave enough or stupid enough to be the first to do it in the NFL and like we often see in life outliers have followers.

Not true. It happened in the NBA about 20 years ago. They put in a rule preventing players from kneeling or sitting that still exist today.

Not true. It happened in the NBA about 20 years ago. They put in a rule preventing players from kneeling or sitting that still exist today.

What about Baseball? And why ask the question if you already know the answer?

Or it should be "express your beliefs how you see fit like American veterans have fought for the right for you to do."

I'd didn't realize that veterans had given us the right to act however we wish in the workplace. I'll let my employer know and see how that goes.

Why is this an issue with the players in the NFL but it is not an issue in baseball or basketball?

The NBA has been smart/creative enough to wear pregame shirts and other items. They simply decided to not disrespect the flag, while sending their message.

In the NFL you have a guy who wore pig police socks, then take a knee to the flag.

I'd didn't realize that veterans had given us the right to act however we wish in the workplace. I'll let my employer know and see how that goes.

Every workplace has their own rules. Just because my employer doesn’t let me do something during work hours, doesn’t mean some else’s employer can’t allow that same thing. And the NFL is not your typical employer.

For years players have gotten grief for not being socially aware, or more vocal in their community. Now though, once they do, we want the to just shut up and play.