NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want the NFL to be about football.

Obviously last year the NFL didn't have the power to force personal to stand so they created a new rule this year. I don't understand how that works under the CBA, I thought everything had to bargained for and neither side could add or take away from the current CBA.

My point is it doesn't solve anything and it may bring greater attention to the issue because once the NFL fines someone, that someone is probably going to enter into a protracted legal battle with the NFL and I think that is bad for everyone involved.

The NFL is about football.

Always has been, always will be. It was last season, it will be this season.

Here we go, the NFLPA has issued their statement on the new policy:

The NFL chose to not consult the union in the development of this new “policy.” NFL players have shown their patriotism through their social activism, their community service, in support of our military and law enforcement and yes, through their protests to raise awareness about the issues they care about.

The vote by NFL club CEOs today contradicts the statements made to our player leadership by Commissioner Roger Goodell and the Chairman of the NFL’s Management Council John Mara about the principles, values and patriotism of our League.

Our union will review the new “policy” and challenge any aspect of it that is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement

Freedom of Speech, unless we disagree!

I will watch less NFL this year than I ever have.

None of us really have freedom of speech when we are at work.

And the way it is looking I will be watching less NFL too.

Also, I see from looking at the policy statement released by the NFL that it is the club (not the player) that will be fined by the NFL.

That is how they do it folks, they create layers, and the layers get you (us) every time.

Also, I see from looking at the policy statement released by the NFL that it is the club (not the player) that will be fined by the NFL.

That is how they do it folks, they create layers, and the layers get you (us) every time.

Fining the team instead of the player circumvents the CBA. On the other hand it looks like more ammunition for those arguing collusion in player signings/non-signings.

I don't understand people that make a big day out of people kneeling. Veterans fought for the right for people to express themselves. I'd almost say it's un-American to force someone to stand against their beliefs.

The NFL powers that be including all 32 NFL owners seem to think it is a big deal.

Fining the team instead of the player circumvents the CBA. On the other hand it looks like more ammunition for those arguing collusion in player signings/non-signings.

I agree on the collusion argument.

Additionally I was reading an article on ESPN.com and it said the teams can also fine/discipline the players for failure to follow the new policy. In business we call that a pass through cost.

I look forward to the first game of the season this year where both teams come out for the anthem and kneel due to this ruling.

That is exactly why I said it has to be no stand, no play, or it could blow up.

The NFL is taking a huge risk here.