NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

The majority of fans are eating nachos, drinking beer, walking to their seats, standing in concession lines or talking/texting on their phones during the anthem.

They do flyovers so often at sporting events anymore that, to me at least, they've lost their appeal. I've seen so many of them, it's almost expected now days.

Ive been to a lot of games. The majority of fans stop and are respectful at every game or sporting event I've been to.

There is a small minority doing the things you say but no way Id call it the majority.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive been to a lot of games. The majority of fans stop and are respectful at every game or sporting event I've been to.

There is a small minority doing the things you say but no way Id call it the majority.

The concession stands don’t stop selling food and a majority of the people walking to their seats don’t stop walking unless they are standing in the entrance way of their seats.

Not many people can hold political protest at work. Like you said it’s a job.

Exactly. That’s why they’ll continue to play. Boss said stop it. That doesn’t make my statement less true for me. It would be awesome if they chose not to play.

The concession stands don’t stop selling food and a majority of the people walking to their seats don’t stop walking unless they are standing in the entrance way of their seats.

That hasnt been my experience. Ive been to around 10 NFL games, probably 20 college.

Some people do what you said but I wouldn't call it the majority.

Exactly. That’s why they’ll continue to play. Boss said stop it. That doesn’t make my statement less true for me. It would be awesome if they chose not to play.

If your bosses only criticism is respect the flag of the United States, you have a pretty good gig.

That hasnt been my experience. Ive been to around 10 NFL games, probably 20 college.

Some people do what you said but I wouldn't call it the majority.

Sporting events in general I very rarely see people outside of the stadium seats stop for the national anthem. Granted I’ve seen more people do it the last year or so but for the most part a large majority keep it moving.

If the NFL cared about our military maybe they all would protest the fact that 20 veterans commit suicide a day.

Players silently take a knee and we lose our minds.

This country is upside-down.

Put them back in the locker room like they were before the NFL used players as patriotic pawns after 9/11.

It would be awesome if their 60-70% black workforce refused to play.

Part of me agrees with you but the NFL knows they own the players because too many of them need the money now and they don't call it the not for long league for nothing.

Part of me agrees with you but the NFL knows they own the players because too many of them need the money now and they don't call it the not for long league for nothing.

We may see players start to act like NBA players because of stuff like this.

And I understand their plight completely. I wouldn’t leave my current job regardless of any new rules they imposed on me. I like my checks and I like my job. Without an extremely similar job to go to there’s pretty much no way I would leave.