Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

Featured Replies

Same here. I had a true laugh out loud moment at that. I love a snarky yet carefully crafted statement.

 

Me too and this is what I imagined, Doctor Evil saying "Policy"

 

policy.jpg

  • Replies 132
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking that there was about 8-10 guys who protested for the same reasons as Kaepernick and that others protested for a different reason because of different circumstances.

 

I agree things took on a life of their own and it was all bad for the NFL.

Me too and this is what I imagined, Doctor Evil saying "Policy"

 

[ATTACH]66337[/ATTACH]

 

That is excellent. :lol2: :lol2:

The NFL powers that be including all 32 NFL owners seem to think it is a big deal.

 

There is one person whose wrath they are hoping to avoid.

I don't understand people that make a big day out of people kneeling. Veterans fought for the right for people to express themselves. I'd almost say it's un-American to force someone to stand against their beliefs.

 

100% correct

There is one person whose wrath they are hoping to avoid.

 

I know right, it makes me think Goodell is underpaid.

I'd didn't realize that veterans had given us the right to act however we wish in the workplace. I'll let my employer know and see how that goes.

 

If you can’t do a silent protest at your job without fearing dismissal then you don’t have much value to your employer.

I know right, it makes me think Goodell is underpaid.

 

As you know he’s not the person.

If you can’t do a silent protest at your job without fearing dismissal then you don’t have much value to your employer.

 

Silent but deadly.

As you know he’s not the person.

 

Me thinks you give some people too much credit.

In my best Dr. Evil voice..."you will be fined one hundred dollars"!

Freedom of Speech, unless we disagree!

 

I will watch less NFL this year than I ever have.

 

Name a job in this country where you can protest and not be fired ?

This topic is so played. When you collect a paycheck you lose most rights at work. First amendment complaints are funny.

Me thinks you give some people too much credit.

 

This is a media driven moment in time. Well, another media driven moment. The media is saying this is a victory for some people.

Name a job in this country where you can protest and not be fired ?

 

County Clerk.

 

There are thousands of them actually. Especially if we aren’t going to define the protesting involved. We protested here at work over healthcare by wearing buttons that said we demand better healthcare. We are all still employed.

 

Businesses are allowed the right to pick and and choose how they want to do business. Saying your employees aren’t allowed to do something to remain employed doesn’t automatically exempt that action from being discriminatory.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.