Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

Featured Replies

  • Replies 132
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We may see players start to act like NBA players because of stuff like this.

 

I doubt it. I think the NFL’s uniform policy is pretty strict as well. Seems like guys have been fined for wearing the wrong color socks during warmups or something like that. :lol2:

I doubt it. I think the NFL’s uniform policy is pretty strict as well. Seems like guys have been fined for wearing the wrong color socks during warmups or something like that. :lol2:

 

None have chosen to violate for social awareness and then been met with the oppressive fist of the NFL.

 

They may start.

 

NFL sucks without the best players. I watched a scrub year and the XFL.

Exhibit a and b.

NFL trying to show they run the show. In other news, Jets owner says he’ll pay any fines given to his players. Jets Owner Christopher Johnson Says He Will Pay Players''' Anthem-Related Fines | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

 

I will tell you exactly what is going to happen there, if a Jets player is the first to do it the NFL will hit the J E T S Jets Jets Jets with a much bigger fine than expected and they will tell ownership that ain't nothing compared to what it will be next time and the end result will be the Jets owner will lean on his players. In other words, the NFL will make an example of the Jets and the Jets will fold.

And I understand their plight completely. I wouldn’t leave my current job regardless of any new rules they imposed on me. I like my checks and I like my job. Without an extremely similar job to go to there’s pretty much no way I would leave.

 

Not to mention, unlike average guys like you and me, NFL Players have a huge stage because of playing in the League and they can do so much in their off time to make a difference.

 

How does that saying go about biting the hand that feeds you...

Not to mention, unlike average guys like you and me, NFL Players have a huge stage because of playing in the League and they can do so much in their off time to make a difference.

 

How does that saying go about biting the hand that feeds you...

 

The other conundrum of the situation. If they really wanted to make a difference then they’d quit. But they can’t because as you said, they are owned by the owners.

The other conundrum of the situation. If they really wanted to make a difference then they’d quit. But they can’t because as you said, they are owned by the owners.

 

Or in other words the players that protest have no problem with the owners losing money because of their protests but it doesn't appear those same players are willing to give up any of their own money protesting.

Or in other words the players that protest have no problem with the owners losing money because of their protests but it doesn't appear those same players are willing to give up any of their own money protesting.

 

The players who have continued to protest gave up their jobs as a result. Other than Kaepernick and Eric Reid who is protesting?

 

This is why I say they could make a huge difference if they wanted to. The black players in the NFL could end the league as we know it but they won’t because they want to keep cashing those checks.

The players who have continued to protest gave up their jobs as a result. Other than Kaepernick and Eric Reid who is protesting?

 

This is why I say they could make a huge difference if they wanted to. The black players in the NFL could end the league as we know it but they won’t because they want to keep cashing those checks.

 

Strike and it’s over for owners. I think players own the owners more than they ever have. The NFL can’t afford to play scrubs or allow one bit of focus to stray. Soccer, Netflix, and Fortnite is waiting to steal the NFL’s viewers.

Strike and it’s over for owners. I think players own the owners more than they ever have. The NFL can’t afford to play scrubs or allow one bit of focus to stray. Soccer, Netflix, and Fortnite is waiting to steal the NFL’s viewers.

 

I am interested in seeing how the NFLPA responds once they review the new “policy”.

The players who have continued to protest gave up their jobs as a result. Other than Kaepernick and Eric Reid who is protesting?

 

This is why I say they could make a huge difference if they wanted to. The black players in the NFL could end the league as we know it but they won’t because they want to keep cashing those checks.

 

We had a whole bunch of protesters last year. As far as who this year, only time will tell.

 

Right, those nice, big, fat checks that the NFL generates for all those young studs.

I am interested in seeing how the NFLPA responds once they review the new “policy”.

 

I loved the "policy" part of the NFLPA statement.

I loved the "policy" part of the NFLPA statement.

 

Same here. I had a true laugh out loud moment at that. I love a snarky yet carefully crafted statement.

We had a whole bunch of protesters last year. As far as who this year, only time will tell.

 

 

I was thinking that there was about 8-10 guys who protested for the same reasons as Kaepernick and that others protested for a different reason because of different circumstances.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.