Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

Featured Replies

And 95% of fans don't care about anything other than that....

 

I think your estimation is high but I hear what you are saying.

 

Speaking personally, I love NFL Sundays. I can't wait to tune in and enjoy, the last thing I want to hear about is a controversy, any controversy. And if I hear enough, I am going to change the channel.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I think your estimation is high but I hear what you are saying.

 

Speaking personally, I love NFL Sundays. I can't wait to tune in and enjoy, the last thing I want to hear about is a controversy, any controversy. And if I hear enough, I am going to change the channel.

 

I enjoy NFL Sundays as well. You don't have to hear about it if you don't choose to hear about it.

Dissension in the ranks already and this means someone is lying to us.

 

Like I said, Clown Show on the horizon.

Every side wants to straddle the fence. Ultimately it was unanimously approved to give teams wiggle room.

 

Dumb thing is, the issue kneeling was done for is all but lost now. Now to kneel is to do so out of spite for the rule.

 

I still do not understand why the NFL needed a rule.

Edited by bugatti

I enjoy NFL Sundays as well. You don't have to hear about it if you don't choose to hear about it.

 

For the most part you are correct but anytime there was "an incident" it was covered during the games so you are stuck. Trust me, I quit watching all the NFL preview shows and reading most of the NFL gossip online like I used to, to escape this stuff. And for me is started with the NFL singling out the Patriots and deflategate, that stretched over two seasons, this looks to the be the same way.

 

Coming full circle, it isn't this specific controversy, it is that it is another major controversy with the NFL, that is what turns me off.

Every side wants to straddle the fence. Ultimately it was unanimously approved to give teams wiggle room.

 

Dumb thing is the issue kneeling was done for is all but lost now. Now to kneel is to do so out of spite for the rule.

 

I still do not understand why the NFL needed a rule.

 

Especially a rule that straddles the fence and creates layers and more subjectivity.

If the NFL could turn back the hands of time...

 

Reporter: "What do you think about Kap's kneeling during the anthem?"

 

NFL/teams: "We respect every player's right to peacefully protest so as long as it does not interfere with the underlying message of the league."

 

Reporter: "The anthem became common-place as sign of respect and solidarity for our military. How do you respond to the claim that Kap and others are being 'disrespectful' towards the US military."

 

NFL/teams: "The NFL is a strong supporter of the US military, and again, we respect every player's right to peacefully protest so as long as it does not interfere with the underlying message of the league."

 

Reporter: "So about deflated footballs..."

 

Had they followed this script, that would have been it. No claims that "you are being disrespectful towards our military" or that the NFL is a racist institution. Would have been a couple days of hot takes and we would have forgotten about it by now.

It might not be necessary, but perhaps the NFL knows that a large percentage of their fans enjoy it. Several years ago, on a whim me a a few friends traveled out to Kansas City for a playoff game between the Chiefs and the Ravens. Towards the end of the National Anthem a B2 bomber from nearby Whiteman AFB buzzed over top of the stadium. It is still one of the coolest moments that I have had inside a stadium. The attached video is from a different game. It doesn't do justice to the feeling you get while inside the stadium.

 

 

I do think flyovers are pretty awesome. They've happened a few times at games I was vending.

I just can't muster up anymore outrage for this situation. Sit, stand, or kneel if you want. I'm ready to move on. I'm shocked they aren't doing everything in their power to make this go away.

 

Worst part is that with Eric Reid pretty much done in the NFL there likely wouldn’t have been anyone else kneeling anyways.

Or it could be if you don't like working here leave.

 

It would be awesome if their 60-70% black workforce refused to play.

Why is this an issue with the players in the NFL but it is not an issue in baseball or basketball?

 

The NBA has allowed their players to freely express themselves while also having a CBA agreed upon rule that they stand for the anthem. They don’t get fined for wearing shoes or t shirts during warmups that say “I Can’t Breathe”(Eric Garner) so they are still allowed an opportunity to show their forms of protest while on the clock.

Freedom of Speech, unless we disagree!

 

I will watch less NFL this year than I ever have.

 

I’m torn. I feel like I should tell the NFL to kick rocks but I enjoy their product and racism isn’t going anywhere whether I watch the games or not. I’ll probably just name my fantasy football teams The Colin Kaepernickers and watch less games than I normally do. Find other things to do on Sundays I guess.

It would be awesome if their 60-70% black workforce refused to play.

 

Who’s forcing them to play football? They can quit at anytime and walk away.

Freedom of Speech, unless we disagree!

 

I will watch less NFL this year than I ever have.

 

Freedom of speech doesn't apply here.

Who’s forcing them to play football? They can quit at anytime and walk away.

 

No one. But that is their livelihood and their paycheck. They have an opportunity to make a tremendous statement but they won’t and I understand that. The opportunities the NFL presents are unique so sometimes you have to just withstand the institutionalized racism that you face and do what you have to do to put food on the table. A large percentage of these guys likely take care of more than just their wives and kids and I’d say a lot of them can’t just go get a job in the private sector.

No one. But that is their livelihood and their paycheck. They have an opportunity to make a tremendous statement but they won’t and I understand that. The opportunities the NFL presents are unique so sometimes you have to just withstand the institutionalized racism that you face and do what you have to do to put food on the table. A large percentage of these guys likely take care of more than just their wives and kids and I’d say a lot of them can’t just go get a job in the private sector.

 

Not many people can hold political protest at work. Like you said it’s a job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.