Who Would You Like To See as the New Reds Manager?

Who Should Be the Reds Next Manager  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be the Reds Next Manager

• Barry Larkin
    • Joe Girardi
    • John Farrell
    • Bring Back Dusty!
    • Brad Ausmus
    • Omar Vizquel
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will and should be Barry Larkin. Much like the Yankees did with Boone. I think the role of the manager has changed. More about managing ego's and communicating with players. The coaching part of it is becoming less important. You can surround individuals like Barry Larkin with good coaches to help with the X and O's.

One caveat with Girardi is part of the reason he was let go in NY is believed to be his poor communication and handling of younger players. If true, clearly not an ideal fit with what Cincinnati is going to be going through.

Larkin already has a good relationship with a lot of the younger players.

I want someone that is a little more forward thinking. Your CF and SS don't have to always hit 1-2 in the order. It's not that complicated to put together the best lineup possible to score runs. They have computers that do that for you now. Yes Price continued to bat Hamilton and Peraza at the top of the lineup.

I want someone that is a little more forward thinking. Your CF and SS don't have to always hit 1-2 in the order. It's not that complicated to put together the best lineup possible to score runs. They have computers that do that for you now. Yes Price continued to bat Hamilton and Peraza at the top of the lineup.

Ausmus is supposedly an analytics guy.

Should Barry Larkin take over as manager at Louisville? Would that help him build his managerial resume?

If that was the case, he should've been there already. My personal opinion is Larkin would rather have the freedom as a "consultant" and jump right into the majors. He may feel he doesn't have anything to learn at the lower levels.