Who Would You Like To See as the New Reds Manager?

Who Should Be the Reds Next Manager  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be the Reds Next Manager

• Barry Larkin
    • Joe Girardi
    • John Farrell
    • Bring Back Dusty!
    • Brad Ausmus
    • Omar Vizquel
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Girardi because you know he'd bully management into getting him some players. His hire would also be a signal to fans that this management team wants to get serious about winning again.

I want no part of Farrell. I just think that hire would be a disaster.

Right, because his .517 winning percentage, a World Series Title and 3 division titles in 7 seasons as a manager is no better than Riggleman's .445 winning percentage, no division titles and no postseason wins in 13 seasons.

I realize all of that but just not sure I want a manager pushing 70. I would like to hire a Manager that could stay 10 years or better.

Reds interviewed Pirates Bench Coach Tom Prince as well.

That marks 11 total interviews that have been made public. 6 outside candidates and 5 internal. Gotta think they'll be starting their second round of interviews or have their guy soon.

Part of me says it's good that they've interviewed so many candidates...but, the other part says there must not have been anybody that's blown them away early, so they've kept looking. I guess we'll see who gets called back. Of the early bunch, I thought David Bell might be a name we'd see. But now, with so many in the mix, who knows.