Mason Faulkner has been released from NKU

DukeDog

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you @Voice of Reason, if a player's goals and a coach's goals for the upcoming season are in contrast to one another, who do you think should be the one to change their goals? Surely you don't think the coach should change his goals to appease a couple players?

Nope. But the great coaches sell their goals into becoming the player's goals. " Like it or lump it" is a double down strategy. Works sometimes; sometimes you go bust. Have no clue what really happened and realize there are some apparently high quality recruits on the horizon. Just sad to see quality guys that would have been heavy 3rd year contributors leaving. Find the posts that they were stars in high school and the implications they apparently were not willing to work hard to earn more minutes than the guys coming in to be very disappointing if true.

Apples and oranges in my opinion. I wonder how many mid-major and smaller programs are losing players in this fashion. I think even if you are a huge Brannen supporter these two defections should make you scratch your head a little. Time will tell over the next couple seasons and we see who comes in and how the team does. And that statement is not a projection of demise. I want to see the program be better over the next couple of years and I am rooting for more success. However, if they aren't better it raises even more questions.

Verbal Commits | D1 Players Transferring in 217

This is last year's complete list of transfers. Giving a quick look, I see quite a few mid-majors with 2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6 players leaving. This is college basketball today.

Again, why does someone have to be to blame? It didn't work out, simple as that.

And that's great if a coach sees his primary responsibility as developing young men. Unfortunately, they won't last long in coaching if they don win. Just the way it is.

If something doesn’t work out it is someone’s fault or both parties faults for it not working. There’s no way around it. Whose fault it is will remain between them unless they decide to share it. From what I have seen it is more the player’s fault than the coach.

Verbal Commits | D1 Players Transferring in 217

This is last year's complete list of transfers. Giving a quick look, I see quite a few mid-majors with 2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6 players leaving. This is college basketball today.

That was after the 2017 season. South Florida had 7 on that list. Since then 3 more of Orlando Antigua's recruits, Tulio De Silva, Malik Martin, and Troy Holston have left, as well.

• 2 weeks later...