Mason Faulkner has been released from NKU

DukeDog

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids should go wherever they are happy; however, a transfer by Faulkner to a mid to lower tier Southern Conference team with little to no hope of making it to NCAA Tourney makes little sense to me.

That's because you think its about winning and its not. Sad but true!

Kids should go wherever they are happy; however, a transfer by Faulkner to a mid to lower tier Southern Conference team with little to no hope of making it to NCAA Tourney makes little sense to me.

Depends on what your motivation is....

True

I said it when he left. Mason doesn't care to win. Doesn't care to grow as a player. Mason wants to chuck up 30 shots a game and score a bunch. That's not a knock on him. It's literally what he wants to do.

NKU found their point guard for next year:

Per Rick Broering

NKU landed a commitment from Norfolk State grad transfer Zaynah Robinson after a recent visit to campus. A 5-11 PG, Robinson averaged 13.5 points, 4.5 assists, and 3.4 rebounds per game as a junior. He missed all of last year with a back condition.

NKU found their point guard for next year:

Per Rick Broering

NKU landed a commitment from Norfolk State grad transfer Zaynah Robinson after a recent visit to campus. A 5-11 PG, Robinson averaged 13.5 points, 4.5 assists, and 3.4 rebounds per game as a junior. He missed all of last year with a back condition.

1 year of eligibility or more?

• 3 weeks later...

Brannen has a reputation for a lack of honesty with his players. I don't think the transfers are a good look. Williams is a great kid and about winning. He is not afraid to compete. He felt pigeon holed into a role with no opportunity to change his role. Why would players want to accept no growth in their game?