Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One and dones returning versus G League option

Featured Replies

Considering zone defense is illegal in the NBA, the answer is obviously no.

No it isn’t.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it isn’t.

 

They allow zone but not in the traditional sense.

No it isn’t.

 

I rarely watch the NBA. I guess they have changed the rules since I was younger.

I rarely watch the NBA. I guess they have changed the rules since I was younger.

They’ve had it 15+ years I’d say. They do have defensive three seconds which is different. But with the spreading of the court because of the wider lane and three point line, it’s not used a ton. When the Mavs beat the Heat in the Finals they used a lot of zone.

Wouldn’t the G-league limit a player’s options to the organization they join versus college?

Wouldn’t the G-league limit a player’s options to the organization they join versus college?

 

I’m not sure what you mean.

Wouldn’t the G-league limit a player’s options to the organization they join versus college?

I’m not fully understanding of G-League contracts, but if one goes straight to the G-League from High School, they would be under a one year contract like most in the G-League, and be eligible for the draft at a later time.

Wouldn’t the G-league limit a player’s options to the organization they join versus college?

 

No. It’s also a risky proposition for a G League team to take on Darius Bazley because when he is eligible for the NBA Draft any team can draft him. So theoretically he can go play for the Lakers G League team next year and then the following year be drafted by the Celtics.

I’m not sure what you mean.

 

I wasn’t sure how G-league contracts worked, but I got my answers from @bugatti and @PurplePride92

Any one know when the G league holds their open tryouts? Asking for a friend.

My understanding is when you get to the pro leagues in basketball you had pretty much better be self-motivated and work on developing yourself as opposed to getting developed by the coaches/organization. If that truly is the case I would say 90-plus percent of the kids who might be talented enough to dip into the G league out of highschool would be better served going the college route.

I'm thinking it just may be better to go to college and let the chips fall. You get a year of the college atmosphere and all that that experience brings on and off the court. If you don't put up great numbers in college, I don't think it hurts your chances at the league.

 

On the flip side, if you go into the G-league, it's all business all the time. Your college experience will be gone (and trust me, the college experience as a superstar athlete is pretty good). Also if you get exposed in the G-league it you may not get many more chances at the league.

I'm thinking it just may be better to go to college and let the chips fall. You get a year of the college atmosphere and all that that experience brings on and off the court. If you don't put up great numbers in college, I don't think it hurts your chances at the league.

 

On the flip side, if you go into the G-league, it's all business all the time. Your college experience will be gone (and trust me, the college experience as a superstar athlete is pretty good). Also if you get exposed in the G-league it you may not get many more chances at the league.

 

While I'm not buying the "coaching is better" in the college ranks thinking I did hear something today that gave me pause. The sheer amount of coaching available at the college level vs G League is a factor. Player would get coaching in college as soon as he hits campus in the summer. G League coaching wouldn't start until fall. From a development standpoint that can be big. In addition is the issue of weight training that colleges offer.

  • Author

Pretty thought out decision. The ? Of G League compensation seems to be clarified at $26K for him. He appears more focused on he thinks the level of competition and similar motivation of all players makes the optimum development environment for him. My gut reaction is we are going to see a lot of marginal one and dones opt for this route rather than coming back for 2nd year in college.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.