CFB Playoff Rankings 11/28

TheDeuce

A lot of talk about Bama and OSU, but if Clemson, Auburn, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin all win. Neither Bama or of course OSU is getting in and who would have thought that in early September.
I would say there is less than a 10% chance all 4 teams wins. Somebody is going to lose it's just a matter of everyone figuring out before hand. I think the easy one is Wisconsin since they are the only team not favored. But I think Clemson and Auburn are both extremely vulnerable this weekend. Unfortunately for my Buckeyes the only game I'm extremely confident in is Oklahoma beating up on TCU.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't think there is a conspiracy against OSU. We lost to Iowa by 31 points. I'm not trying to say this is about OSU. I myself couldn't put OSU in over Alabama. I think the committee is just looking for ways to validate their eventual choice to put Bama in over OSU. I don't understand why they have to do it though. Nobody is going to get bent out of shape about this OSU team being left out.

The committee will always be looking for a way to validate their selection, regardless of the teams involved. All I know is that we try to extrapolate out from each week's rankings what they mean for the week(s) ahead, and it really means nothing since they do not work like traditional rankings; I try not to read much into what the committee is thinking, in other words.

I can't decide if it is a pro or minus in that the committee will have to grapple with taking two teams from the same conference (SEC). I think it hurts Bama's case, personally.

The committee will always be looking for a way to validate their selection, regardless of the teams involved. All I know is that we try to extrapolate out from each week's rankings what they mean for the week(s) ahead, and it really means nothing since they do not work like traditional rankings; I try not to read much into what the committee is thinking, in other words.

I can't decide if it is a pro or minus in that the committee will have to grapple with taking two teams from the same conference (SEC). I think it hurts Bama's case, personally.

It's Alabama though. Unless the committee is like the rest of the country and simply has Bama fatigue I don't see anyway they aren't the 1st team in should Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose.

It's Alabama though. Unless the committee is like the rest of the country and simply has Bama fatigue I don't see anyway they aren't the 1st team in should Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose.

Maybe, but we are speculating here. I don't believe Bama is as highly regarded (this year) as you are making it out to be. The reality is, the only reason Bama or Ohio State will get in if OSU wins is because they are picking between a couple of flawed teams that didn't do enough to distinguish themselves from one another.

I do feel the committee has some remorse over OSU laying an egg as a non-conference winner last year. That would Bama this year and works in the Bucks' favor. It would also mark the first time two schools from the same conference make it. That is two check marks the Tide would have to check, despite being spotty down the stretch.

Maybe, but we are speculating here. I don't believe Bama is as highly regarded (this year) as you are making it out to be. The reality is, the only reason Bama or Ohio State will get in if OSU wins is because they are picking between a couple of flawed teams that didn't do enough to distinguish themselves from one another.

I do feel the committee has some remorse over OSU laying an egg as a non-conference winner last year. That would Bama this year. It would also mark the first time two schools from the same conference make it. That is two check marks the Tide would have to check, despite being spotty down the stretch.

I don't think the committee has remorse over putting OSU in last year as a non-conference champ. I've said it since the Iron Bowl ended last week, that I wouldn't campaign for OSU over Bama. I'm excited to see some of you all say that OSU may have a case, but I'll believe it when I see it because I don't think I could make that call of putting OSU over Bama if I was trying to be objective.

Grant, who exactly on the committee is trying to ensure Bama gets in? I can maybe buy Bobby Johnson and Jeff Long (although I can't imagine the AD at Arkansas is in a hurry to give Bama a chance to win another NT) but what about the rest of the committee?
I think the committee wants as little drama as possible and putting Bama in is very anti dramatic.

Ohio State will be in over Oklahoma is TCU beats them. Is Oklahoma going to stay in the top 4? USC isn't going to jump them because they knock off a top 12 team if OSU knocks off a top 4 team. If they wanted to give TCU a chance to jump OSU they would have put them at 9 this week. It basically has to be Ohio State at that point because they will be the only team left. Oklahoma is going to win though so it doesn't really matter. And No Clemson doesn't get in over Ohio State. With the same record the committee says that head to head and conference championships are tiebreakers.

Huh in the same paragraph you say OSU would be in over Oklahoma if Oklahoma loses. Then you say in the same paragraph that one of the tie breakers is head to head and conference championship. It seems to be if it comes down to same record head to head trumps conference champ. Especially when one of the teams went on the road and beat down the team they are fighting against for a playoff spot.

Huh in the same paragraph you say OSU would be in over Oklahoma if Oklahoma loses. Then you say in the same paragraph that one of the tie breakers is head to head and conference championship. It seems to be if it comes down to same record head to head trumps conference champ. Especially when one of the teams went on the road and beat down the team they are fighting against for a playoff spot.

The committee has never said H2H trumps conference championships. Especially when the game was Week 2.

The committee has never said H2H trumps conference championships. Especially when the game was Week 2.

Wait isn't the season suppose to be like a playoff? That's what everyone says. So week 2 shouldn't matter. Plus in a season where home teams have dominated and it's been a struggle playing on the road and seen a lot of good teams get beat pretty handily while on the road. Oklahoma going into osu and flat out dominating osu is very impressive no matter when it happened. So if the commuter truly wants to put who is deserving based on the regular season. Then yes Oklahoma should be in before osu no matter what. Or else #theohiostatecommitee

I think the committee wants as little drama as possible and putting Bama in is very anti dramatic.

On the contrary. The committee wants all the drama they can get to drive up ratings and putting Bama in would do just that.

You are being facetious, right?