CFB Playoff Rankings 11/28

TheDeuce

Would 1 loss Alabama go over a 3 loss team? Duh.

Even when that one loss came in convincing fashion against that team?

I agree it’s not likely, just saying. It’s not a strong optic for Bama to go over the team that beat them, and that would have been over them if not for having to beat again a team they’d already knocked off.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance they go from 6 to 1. Even if Clemson loses.

I think they might. How often does a team get to avenge a loss like this? The committee swears they start with a clean slate each week. If they truly do I wouldn't be shocked to see Clemson fall to 3 with a win. Unless they blow out Miami which I don't expect.

I agree it’s not likely, just saying. It’s not a strong optic for Bama to go over the team that beat them, and that would have been over them if not for having to beat again a team they’d already knocked off.

Absolutely zero chance it matters that Auburn losing this game affects Bama.

I think they might. How often does a team get to avenge a loss like this? The committee swears they start with a clean slate each week. If they truly do I wouldn't be shocked to see Clemson fall to 3 with a win. Unless they blow out Miami which I don't expect.

What are you smoking? :lol2:

Georgia is going from 6 to 1, jumping Oklahoma AND Clemson, and Clemson is going to drop even if they win? :lol2:

I think the committee would also look at that Auburn was at home when they beat Bama and Bama actually gave Auburn a better game on the road than Georgia did. Now Georgia is showing the difference it makes not being at Auburn.

I think the committee would also look at that Auburn was at home when they beat Bama and Bama actually gave Auburn a better game on the road than Georgia did. Now Georgia is showing the difference it makes not being at Auburn.

Or they're showing that it's tough to beat a good team twice.

I have real doubts about that.

I don't for the reasons I just started. Bama lost on the road to Auburn and yet they actually gave Auburn a better game than Georgia did when it lost on the road to Auburn. Georgia is now showing on a neutral field they are better. Home field has been very important this year in college football with a lot of top teams losing on the road.

The difference between Bama and Osu is Bama lost on the road in a closer game to a top 10 team. Osu lost on the road and got killed by a 5 loss team who probably is not even in the top 50 now. Plus osu was one of the few top teams to lose at home. Which they got beat down at home by one of the teams already in the playoffs. So we already know osu is not as good as Oklahoma. So might as well put a one loss Bama in because on a neutral site they may fare better.

I don't understand why people seem to think the committee will not put Bama in.

I don't think with how it's played out today that the committee even has osu on its mind now. It will take osu completely running the score up on Wisconsin to get them in the discussion now in that room imo.