CFB Playoff Rankings 11/28

TheDeuce

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have more than 2 losses you shouldn't sniff the top 25 as a non P5 unless you have some actual wins on your schedule. This wasn't the Fiesta Bowl winning, Chris Peterson, Boise State team they beat. Boise wasn't a top 25 team.

Boise was a top 25 team before they got beat they were 23rd in RPI. They played 5 top 100 teams and beat 3 of them losing to Alabama and Washington. Most non P5 schools won't have played two teams like Washington and Alabama either. They also beat another top 25 school in San Diego St.

This isn't a conspiracy as much as you want it to be.

Boise was a top 25 team before they got beat they were 23rd in RPI. They played 5 top 100 teams and beat 3 of them losing to Alabama and Washington. Most non P5 schools won't have played two teams like Washington and Alabama either. They also beat another top 25 school in San Diego St.

This isn't a conspiracy as much as you want it to be.

Good for them. That's the type of schedule that gets you into the playoff as a non P5 school if you can get one of those wins. It's what Houston did last year scheduling Louisville and Oklahoma. If you can win one of those games it looks really good. Especially if you beat a playoff team from the previous year. But they weren't competitive in those games. If they played Bama or Washington close I would say you could reward them for their schedule because it takes guts to put together that schedule. But there are teams behind them that would put up a better fight. It's supposed to be the 25 best teams. Fresno State is not one of them.

Good for them. That's the type of schedule that gets you into the playoff as a non P5 school if you can get one of those wins. It's what Houston did last year scheduling Louisville and Oklahoma. If you can win one of those games it looks really good. Especially if you beat a playoff team from the previous year. But they weren't competitive in those games. If they played Bama or Washington close I would say you could reward them for their schedule because it takes guts to put together that schedule. But there are teams behind them that would put up a better fight. It's supposed to be the 25 best teams. Fresno State is not one of them.

Well the RPI, CFP Committee, Polls and I disagree with you. :lol2:

I don't think the rest of the world cares honestly. Haha

You know what I meant, the College Football World that produced the Polls, the RPI and the CFP rankings...we are all lying to ourselves...no way it's you trying to convince yourself of some mass conspiracy against your team.

You know what I meant, the College Football World that produced the Polls, the RPI and the CFP rankings...we are all lying to ourselves...no way it's you trying to convince yourself of some mass conspiracy against your team.
I certainly don't think there is a conspiracy against OSU. We lost to Iowa by 31 points. I'm not trying to say this is about OSU. I myself couldn't put OSU in over Alabama. I think the committee is just looking for ways to validate their eventual choice to put Bama in over OSU. I don't understand why they have to do it though. Nobody is going to get bent out of shape about this OSU team being left out.

I certainly don't think there is a conspiracy against OSU. We lost to Iowa by 31 points. I'm not trying to say this is about OSU. I myself couldn't put OSU in over Alabama. I think the committee is just looking for ways to validate their eventual choice to put Bama in over OSU. I don't understand why they have to do it though. Nobody is going to get bent out of shape about this OSU team being left out.

I don't think Alabama as it sits right now will get in over OSU if they win, especially if they win big.