CFB Playoff Rankings 11/28

TheDeuce

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny Danny wasn't crying about this when he was still working for ESPN.

Actually he was. He consistently bashed the committees bias and inconsistencys while at ESPN. Virtually every time college football was brought up he slammed the committee...

Actually he was. He consistently bashed the committees bias and inconsistencys while at ESPN. Virtually every time college football was brought up he slammed the committee...

So he was calling it ESPN's committee? Danny hates the SEC and doesn't try to hide that fact. Take the names off the teams and just look at resumes and you could make a case for Bama being ranked above Clemson. Bama lost to the #2 team while Clemson lost to the #? Syracuse. I would also say I could make the argument for UGA over Bama. They both lost to Auburn but UGA's win over ND is better than anything Bama has. I'd have Oklahoma at 1 and Wisconsin at 2.

It's also funny everyone is complaining about Fresno being in the top 25 but rail to mention that the AP also had them at 25 and the coaches poll as them at 26. Then there's Miss St, again the AP and Coaches both have them at 24.

So he was calling it ESPN's committee? Danny hates the SEC and doesn't try to hide that fact. Take the names off the teams and just look at resumes and you could make a case for Bama being ranked above Clemson. Bama lost to the #2 team while Clemson lost to the #? Syracuse. I would also say I could make the argument for UGA over Bama. They both lost to Auburn but UGA's win over ND is better than anything Bama has. I'd have Oklahoma at 1 and Wisconsin at 2.

It's also funny everyone is complaining about Fresno being in the top 25 but rail to mention that the AP also had them at 25 and the coaches poll as them at 26. Then there's Miss St, again the AP and Coaches both have them at 24.

Bama ranked above Clemson? Their best win is over #17. Clemson beat #2. How is that even remotely comparable resume wise?

Did the committee leave them in to justify putting Bama in to boaster their resume?

Absolutely. That and Fresno State is in their for the same reason. Fresno State is the first 3 loss non P5 school to be ranked by the committee and they lost at home to UNLV. Give me a break.

Absolutely. That and Fresno State is in their for the same reason. Fresno State is the first 3 loss non P5 school to be ranked by the committee and they lost at home to UNLV. Give me a break.

Hocutt said last week that they spend as much time on 11-25 as they do 1-10. I believe that to be true. They rank 1-10 first and then fill in spots 11-25 to fit the narrative they want to write about the top 10 teams.
Again, the AP poll and Coaches poll are essentially the same. Are they too trying to fit a narrative?

Hocutt said last week that they spend as much time on 11-25 as they do 1-10. I believe that to be true. They rank 1-10 first and then fill in spots 11-25 to fit the narrative they want to write about the top 10 teams.

So you're saying the committee, the coaches, and the AP writers are all in on an elaborate conspiracy to put Alabama in the playoff?

So you're saying the committee, the coaches, and the AP writers are all in on an elaborate conspiracy to put Alabama in the playoff?

Absolutely. And for the record I do believe Alabama should be in the playoff if OSU beats Wisconsin. I just think they are using Miss State and Fresno State as something to point to as to why they choose Alabama over Ohio State. If Bama had that OOC road win over a top 10 team like OSU did last year it would be easier for them.