Private School Coaches

gchs_uk9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably in football but not in all sports. In our school we have 8 head coaches and only 3 are teachers in our school system. The percentage is even lower for assistant coaches. 3 of 12 that I can think of are teachers in the school.

The thread was regarding football. I know at our school it is almost always para-professionals coaching things like cross country, track, volleyball, etc.

I am not attacking coaches as a whole. There are a lot of hard working guys out there away from their families putting in the long hours helping his kids become better men and athletes. But there are handful that have no business in the position. I hope for your sake that you aren't one of those few. Coaches on the sidelines yelling not only at his kids but kids on the other team. I don't care if you put in 24 hours a day, NOT acceptable. These are the coaches I am talking about. Not the ones that are working for their kids (team) along with their families. You may not know the exact coach or coaches I am speaking about but I am sure you know one or more.

Edited by theguru
Rule 5 Violation

FYI everyone:

5. No comments, whatsoever, about any member's true identity in any public forum on BGP. This includes any question, hint (whether true or not), attempt to divulge, or attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGP forum.

I really only know Bethlehem since it's right here in town. Of the 16 varsity head coaches in the various sports, I know of two who are teachers and one other who is an administrator at the building. Another is a longtime administrator at one of the Catholic elementary schools in Nelson Co., but until being hired on this year, he had been a longtime assistant coach at Nelson Co. HS.

The rest are paraprofessionals, as far as I can tell, but most have had longtime associations with the school, either as students, coaches, or parents of students. This is probably fairly common at most small Catholic high schools.

Wolford at St. X is not a teacher. It was a big mistake, I believe, to hire a coach who is not in the building as a teacher or otherwise. It is impossible to develop the same relationship with the players as it is with a coach who is in the building regularly in the hallways during the school day.