Private School Coaches

gchs_uk9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching CAL/DeSales got me thinking. Do private school coaches typically teach? If so, at the school or at publics? Do they have other jobs? I can't imagine schools can afford to pay coaches too much just to coach. Just curious.

I agree, it would be interesting to hear what else each Coach does/teaches at his school.

I believe until recently that every coach at Cov Cath also taught full time. I’m pretty sure there are a couple now who are not full time teachers but I am not sure what they do.

I know one of the coaches that does not teach. He runs a heating and air company.

You would probably be surprised at how many coaches at public schools don't teach at the school.

Absolutely. As someone who teaches at a public high school, I know well how few coaches are in the building.

This thread, however, was initially geared toward head coaches who may or may not teach. I'd guess most public head coaches teach or are retired teachers.

Absolutely. As someone who teaches at a public high school, I know well how few coaches are in the building.

This thread, however, was initially geared toward head coaches who may or may not teach. I'd guess most public head coaches teach or are retired teachers.

Probably in football but not in all sports. In our school we have 8 head coaches and only 3 are teachers in our school system. The percentage is even lower for assistant coaches. 3 of 12 that I can think of are teachers in the school.

You would probably be surprised at how many coaches at public schools don't teach at the school.

Back in the day that used to be the way to promote your program; nowadays I'm not so sure how much it matters. It matters, but how much is unknown.

The best job a coach can have in the district is Homebound IMO; 1) Little do people know it's a much needed position in the district (and, some have two) and 2) Administrators talk about being visible, well that makes you more visible than any position out there being able to come into every single school (having to meet with teachers across all grades).