Do you think Cam Newton insulted the woman reporter? Was it sexist?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is no different that that idiot Lavar Ball telling the female to "stay in her lane".

It's still a man's world. Black males are just #2 on that hierarchy after white males.

Now be a nice girl, honey and go fetch me some coffee.

If we don't watch it, before you know it we will let women drive and vote!

First Cam's response was stupid.

Now everyone keeps talking about her asking a question and routes and her knowledge. I have no clue about her true knowledge of routes but nothing in her question shows any real knowledge of routes. Her question did included a video game reference. How serious do you take a question that uses a video game reference? Maybe that's common today with reporters. I know with coaches when people start using video game references they either tune out at that point or it's a joke.

I'll play along:

Did he insult the female reporter? Yes, she seemed insulted to me.

Was Cam's comment sexist? Yes.

I'll ask a few others:

Did Cam intend to insult the female reporter? I don't believe so.

Did Cam intend to make a sexist comment? I don't believe so.

Should Mike & Mike spend 25 minutes discussing it this morning, so I had to listen to Clay Travis instead? No.

It threw him off, he's not used to it. He should have laughed it off and said I apologize, I didn't mean the way that came off and everyone could have moved on. Curious what the comments were after the fact to the reporter.

By the "letter of the law" sure, but not in spirit, and certainly not in context if you understand where Cam is coming from.

Here's the acid test.

If one has a daughter (I do, probably not all that far apart in age from the reporter), ask, "What if this was my daughter? Would I have issues?"

I would.

First Cam's response was stupid.

Now everyone keeps talking about her asking a question and routes and her knowledge. I have no clue about her true knowledge of routes but nothing in her question shows any real knowledge of routes. Her question did included a video game reference. How serious do you take a question that uses a video game reference? Maybe that's common today with reporters. I know with coaches when people start using video game references they either tune out at that point or it's a joke.

She's a gamer? Heck that just made her more attractive to some guys.

He is no different that that idiot Lavar Ball telling the female to "stay in her lane".

It's still a man's world. Black males are just #2 on that hierarchy after white males.

And while Mr. Newton is absolutely guilty of sexism, the bolded part of your statement is why your, (and typically the majority of the argumentative PC crowd), argument is totally hypocritical. Sexism is a generalization of all females as inferior, etc., etc. So your generalization cannot be any different than that in tone or content. My experience with both black males and white males tells me your generalization is limited to a minority of members of those particular groups. There are many, but certainly not all. So does that make you a bad person like Mr. Newton? My experience with reading your comments tells me no. This is hardly an earth shattering event and certainly not worth the time spent on it. JMHO

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Fix your quote tags, people!

People can use those terms in real life football too.

It's a pop culture thing. As I stated before coaches typically tune it out or it's said as a joke. There are a number that aren't going to take someone seriously if that is part of a question.

Here's the acid test.

If one has a daughter (I do, probably not all that far apart in age from the reporter), ask, "What if this was my daughter? Would I have issues?"

I would.

I have a daughter in college and no I would not have an issue.