Do you think Cam Newton insulted the woman reporter? Was it sexist?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont care what kind of writer she is or what.

If a woman came up to me and started asking me about route running I would be shocked. But I would also take it as heck yeah, she is a football fan for sure.

I dont care what they do to him, kick him out of the league.

Tells me all I need to know about your respect for women. You think all we talk about is baking cookies and cleaning the house?!?

I dont care what kind of writer she is or what.

If a woman came up to me and started asking me about route running I would be shocked. But I would also take it as heck yeah, she is a football fan for sure.

I dont care what they do to him, kick him out of the league.

In a press conference about the football game that you just played you would be shocked that she is asking you football questions?

Yeah if some random woman came up to you on the street and you aren't a football player it would be shock worthy. Hell if a random guy came up to me on the street and started talking routes to me on the street it would shock me.

Because women just can't understand the intricacies of such a manly game as football, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah it shocks me that women want to know about football. So freaking what. Is that a problem that I am shocked to think women give a crap about route running or if they are stepping with their right foot fast enough for a zone block?

Tells me all I need to know about your respect for women. You think all we talk about is baking cookies and cleaning the house?!?

I have plenty of respect for women. I do not think what you just said.

It just shocks me to think women care about route running. i didnt know so many cared or knew.

Yeah it shocks me that women want to know about football. So freaking what. Is that a problem that I am shocked to think women give a crap about route running or if they are stepping with their right foot fast enough for a zone block?

It just shocks me to think women care about route running. i didnt know so many cared or knew.

I'm sorry...to read your responses and then look at your avatar....I had to laugh...:lol2:

It was a sexist statement. That shouldn't be much of a debate. It did not bother me, but I can see how it would some. It is not a real bigge in the scheme of things, though.

Cam is Cam. He has no filter in what he says a lot of times. I look at this as him justing being him and shake my head and move on.

On behalf of all women on BGP: :rolleyes: :ohbrother: :no: :stop:

It especially shouldn't shock you Since her job is to write about and talk about football. We also have a lot of female sideline reporters now who talk to players and coaches at halftime or end of game. Asking sometimes very specific football questions too sometimes. You don't really see players and or coaches laugh at them do you? Or if they do like Billy G did a few years ago by telling her that was a dumb question. Then it becomes a story just like this. It's quite simple females are very much involved in the sports world. Even in football in terms of sideline reporting, journalism, etc. So yeah it shouldn't be surprising at all that a female who's job is related to football ask a football question.

Good lord, have we devolved into becoming THAT sensitive in today's society? With the Las Vegas tragedy, the hurricanes, Puerto Rico essentially destroyed, N. Korea...THIS makes the national news?:rolleyes: Come on!

Was it the most intelligent comment he could have made? Nope. Is he the most intelligent qb playing in the NFL? I'd say far from it. Was the comment sexist? Well, for you guys that hunt and or fish, whens the last time a girl/woman came up to you debating the .270 vs .308 AR platform for deer hunting, or discussed the Alabama rig for fishing? Never happened to me, and I'd be totally surprised and somewhat tickled by it if it did (not that I'm an expert myself on either topic). This guy has had dozens of coaches and hundreds of players (all men) talk intricacies of football to him. I'd say very very few women, if any, have. It's very possible he wasn't expecting quite the detailed question she asked and was somewhat taken aback by it and said the first thing that popped in his head. Smart? Maybe not. Sexist? :ohbrother:And I am FAR from a Cam Newton fan.