Do you think Cam Newton insulted the woman reporter? Was it sexist?

No way a person can question someone over a certain particular thing if they have not experienced it.

Do you realize the world we would be living in today if that was truly the case? People ask questions all the time. The reason why? Because they are trying to learn something! If you already knew the answer, why in the world would you ask the question in the first place?

To me, this whole thing boils down to context. In an NFL media room, any player should expect a football-related question from any of the reporters there. That's why they're there...to report on football.

Now, if this question had taken place while he was walking down a city sidewalk, then yes, I could see where he could be suprised having someone come up to him and speak like she did.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you realize the world we would be living in today if that was truly the case? People ask questions all the time. The reason why? Because they are trying to learn something! If you already knew the answer, why in the world would you ask the question in the first place?

To me, this whole thing boils down to context. In an NFL media room, any player should expect a football-related question from any of the reporters there. That's why they're there...to report on football.

Now, if this question had taken place while he was walking down a city sidewalk, then yes, I could see where he could be suprised having someone come up to him and speak like she did.

I agree.

What are your qualifications for discussing sports or politics or anything else for that matter on BGP?

Do you think Jim Nantz has played professional football? college basketball? Played on the pro circuit in golf? How about Marv Albert? You think he played baseball at any time while going to Syracuse's school of public communications? Maybe a little pro basketball too?

Get out of here with that tired crap while backing a POTUS who supports and talks about the military while never serving a day in his life.

:thumb: Such a tired and lazy argument.

Have you ever seen the playbook or scouting book. I have from Keith Delong of the 49ers and Wesley Walls of the Panthers. Its like a huge book.

Have you played college football, I have and do yo know how much study time is put in on a team or particular play?

No way a person can question someone over a certain particular thing if they have not experienced it.

Im glad the woman or girl or whatever she is nowadays knows about football. But she is wrong in thinking what he answered was wrong.

If a woman comes up to me and ask me about a certain thing that I wouldn't expect her to know about then Id be shocked, same as if some guy walked up and asked the same thing and I would have never knew he had a clue about it.

And her job is literally to cover the Carolina Panthers football team. She obviously knows A LOT about football and is obviously pretty good at her job. If she wasn't capable of explaining routes or wasn't able to diagram a play she should be fired just like any male should as well.

From crying sexist to being racist. Hmmmm

Seems the reporter has had to do a little apologizing herself.

Observer reporter apologizes for old tweets | Charlotte Observer

Jourdan Rodrigue: Reporter apologizes for old racist tweets

Knew it was only a matter of time before you pulled the "Cam can't be sexist because she's probably a racist card"

Knew it was only a matter of time before you pulled the "Cam can't be sexist because she's probably a racist card"

I aint pulling anything. She isnt as squeaky clean little girl as portrayed by most on here.

Lets see Cam laughs because a girl ask him a route running question and he is shocked its by a girl.

Girl reporter calls people the N word and makes racist comments.

Girl wins.

I aint pulling anything. She isnt as squeaky clean little girl as portrayed by most on here.

Lets see Cam laughs because a girl ask him a route running question and he is shocked its by a girl.

Girl reporter calls people the N word and makes racist comments.

Girl wins.

Good lord man. How hard is it to understand that we aren't solely defending her and that is about the stereotype Cam and you as well have towards apparently all women? I mean seriously. Nobody was calling Cam and "Jourdan Rodrigue-ist" were calling his comments "sexist".

Good lord man. How hard is it to understand that we aren't solely defending her and that is about the stereotype Cam and you as well have towards apparently all women? I mean seriously. Nobody was calling Cam and "Jourdan Rodrigue-ist" were calling his comments "sexist".

You have no clue what I think.

You are stereotyping me.

You have no clue what I think.

You are stereotyping me.

I have a pretty good idea. You said it would shock you if a woman came up to and started talking in depth topics related to football. You said this based on a stereotype you have that woman don't know anything about football. Also stereotyping means generalizing and creating a certain image/believe about a group of people. There is only one of you so by definition I can't possibly be stereotyping.

I have a pretty good idea. You said it would shock you if a woman came up to and started talking in depth topics related to football. You said this based on a stereotype you have that woman don't know anything about football. Also stereotyping means generalizing and creating a certain image/believe about a group of people. There is only one of you so by definition I can't possibly be stereotyping.

I never said women dont know anything about football. I said it would shock me if they asked an in depth question.

Im going to leave it at this. Im not a sexist but yet I would be amazed if a woman asked me an in depth question about football. That being said, Im not around the same people that NFL guys deal with. The women I am around see football different.

It doesnt matter who believes me, I do not care and dont have to explain anything.

You all have a blessed and great safe weekend.