Do you think Cam Newton insulted the woman reporter? Was it sexist?

So no reporter should be allowed to ask a question if they've never played the sport they're paid to cover? Or does that just apply to women?

It only applies to women without a doubt. I would venture to say 70% of the beat reporters for NFL teams that are male never played the game either. But I can guarantee ref wouldn't care about that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It only applies to women without a doubt. I would venture to say 70% of the beat reporters for NFL teams that are male never played the game either. But I can guarantee ref wouldn't care about that.

I can guarantee you dont know what I think.

But back to the question, if a reporter has never played a sport they are covering, then besides the rules how indepth could they actually know what goes into certain skills like running a route and breaking off a hip or getting the DB turned with a head or shoulder fake and the double move and how to get your hands inside the DB to push off on a timing route.

But back to the question, if a reporter has never played a sport they are covering, then besides the rules how indepth could they actually know what goes into certain skills like running a route and breaking off a hip or getting the DB turned with a head or shoulder fake and the double move and how to get your hands inside the DB to push off on a timing route.

What are your qualifications for discussing sports or politics or anything else for that matter on BGP?

Do you think Jim Nantz has played professional football? college basketball? Played on the pro circuit in golf? How about Marv Albert? You think he played baseball at any time while going to Syracuse's school of public communications? Maybe a little pro basketball too?

Get out of here with that tired crap while backing a POTUS who supports and talks about the military while never serving a day in his life.

Just because you never played doesn't mean you can't understand it.

What are your qualifications for discussing sports or politics or anything else for that matter on BGP?

Do you think Jim Nantz has played professional football? college basketball? Played on the pro circuit in golf? How about Marv Albert? You think he played baseball at any time while going to Syracuse's school of public communications? Maybe a little pro basketball too?

Get out of here with that tired crap while backing a POTUS who supports and talks about the military while never serving a day in his life.

^^^^ YES!!!

That's different. He's a man.

Maybe these reporters played the sports in HS. She didnt play football.

As for calling me whatever and judging me, HA.

I forgot what a sensitive little world we live in, where adults have to have coloring books and play-dough to get through the day.

Maybe she needs a career change if her little feelings get hurt over big bad Cam's reply.

Dear God man you don't need a Phd to be able to understand football. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Have you ever seen the playbook or scouting book. I have from Keith Delong of the 49ers and Wesley Walls of the Panthers. Its like a huge book.

Have you played college football, I have and do yo know how much study time is put in on a team or particular play?

No way a person can question someone over a certain particular thing if they have not experienced it.

Im glad the woman or girl or whatever she is nowadays knows about football. But she is wrong in thinking what he answered was wrong.

If a woman comes up to me and ask me about a certain thing that I wouldn't expect her to know about then Id be shocked, same as if some guy walked up and asked the same thing and I would have never knew he had a clue about it.