Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

UKMustangFan

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Sonka ��‏ @joesonka 4m4 minutes ago

UofL spox tells me the school will release a statement today. Hold tight.

I think if Jurich ends up fighting for Pitino again he may also be a casualty, but it may too late for him anyway. Well it would be at nearly any other school. New UofL President could decide to wash his hands of all of this and fire them both.

Let's say Jurich is safe, how does he move forward?

If an Assistant Coach is on Tape/Video saying what has been alleged Pitino needs to be fired for cause with no buy out...don't let him resign or negotiate with him, "Fire him." Pitino has spent the last year telling us that "Nothing happens without his knowledge!" He can't have it both ways, if one or more of his coaches were involved he has to go. If he personally was recorded, then he needs to be fired as soon as UofL/NCAA hears/sees that recording.

Jurich isn't in danger here...

...unless he tries to keep Rick.

I always respect your thoughts and opinions, but why do you say that? Don’t you think Jurich going to bat for Pitino time after time could cost him this time?

I always respect your thoughts and opinions, but why do you say that? Don’t you think Jurich going to bat for Pitino time after time could cost him this time?

No, I don't. Jurich has completely transformed this athletic program and university. Firing Jurich over this would be a catastrophic mistake on the part of the university.

No, I don't. Jurich has completely transformed this athletic program and university. Firing Jurich over this would be a catastrophic mistake on the part of the university.

I think one thing that could work against him is the University has a new President. I could see the new guy wanting to make their own choice.