Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

Joe Sonka ��‏ @joesonka 4m4 minutes ago

 

UofL spox tells me the school will release a statement today. Hold tight.

 

That goes against their normal timeline of Friday at 4:00pm.

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Sonka ��‏ @joesonka 4m4 minutes ago

 

UofL spox tells me the school will release a statement today. Hold tight.

 

I think if Jurich ends up fighting for Pitino again he may also be a casualty, but it may too late for him anyway. Well it would be at nearly any other school. New UofL President could decide to wash his hands of all of this and fire them both.

 

Let's say Jurich is safe, how does he move forward?

If an Assistant Coach is on Tape/Video saying what has been alleged Pitino needs to be fired for cause with no buy out...don't let him resign or negotiate with him, "Fire him." Pitino has spent the last year telling us that "Nothing happens without his knowledge!" He can't have it both ways, if one or more of his coaches were involved he has to go. If he personally was recorded, then he needs to be fired as soon as UofL/NCAA hears/sees that recording.

They just have to let Pitino go. Clean house and at least try to build things back properly.

Jurich isn't in danger here...

 

...unless he tries to keep Rick.

  • Author

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Pitino is done. It's just a matter of how quickly they act IMO.

Jurich isn't in danger here...

 

...unless he tries to keep Rick.

 

Do you think he will fire him or will the President force him to?

Jurich isn't in danger here...

 

...unless he tries to keep Rick.

 

I always respect your thoughts and opinions, but why do you say that? Don’t you think Jurich going to bat for Pitino time after time could cost him this time?

Auburn has suspended Person without pay.

Do you think he will fire him or will the President force him to?

 

I'd like to think Rick will resign, but if not he will (or should be) fired.

Bilas and Seth Greenburg both saying that if allegations are true that this is probably the end of the Pitino era at UofL.

Also, I'm thankful I go to a mid-major school:banana:

 

Might be a major in about a month! :lol2:

I always respect your thoughts and opinions, but why do you say that? Don’t you think Jurich going to bat for Pitino time after time could cost him this time?

 

No, I don't. Jurich has completely transformed this athletic program and university. Firing Jurich over this would be a catastrophic mistake on the part of the university.

  • Author
Bilas and Seth Greenburg both saying that if allegations are true that this is probably the end of the Pitino era at UofL.

 

They have video and audio recordings...I think we can probably remove the "if true" disclaimer at this point.

I'd like to think Rick will resign, but if not he will (or should be) fired.

 

I just can't see him ever admitting any wrong doing...I think they will have to fire him. If he resigns, he'll still say he knew nothing but is leaving for the better of the school.

  • Author
No, I don't. Jurich has completely transformed this athletic program and university. Firing Jurich over this would be a catastrophic mistake on the part of the university.

 

I think one thing that could work against him is the University has a new President. I could see the new guy wanting to make their own choice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.