Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

They brought down FIFA, they can certainly burn AAU to the ground.

 

If that's what "bringing down" looks like, then AAU ball will be just fine.

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Adidas had just paid money directly to a kid's family for him to attend a certain school, would there have been a crime committed (as opposed to an NCAA violation)?

 

Yes bribery. UofL isn't in any legal trouble which is why the FBI is calling them University 6, and not naming any coaches. They are just violating many NCAA rules.

I see Bilas seems to be unwilling again, to lay the blame for any violations on a school or coach.

I was the same way. Go try on a pair of ultra boosts though and tell me Adidas makes bad products. You can't.

 

I hooped in a pair of Crazylight Boost 2016s until the blacktop won that battle. They were excellent. I've also worn out two pairs of Crazy 8s that I loved playing in. T-Mac had a couple pairs I always wanted before I made my own money to buy them.

 

I've always preferred Nike, but I wouldn't dare say adidas are low quality.

“We got lucky on this one.” Pitino told Terry Meiners of news radio 840. “We spent zero dollars recruiting a 5 star athlete who I loved.” (He had an unofficial visit) “In my 40 years of coaching this is the luckiest I’ve been.”

One last thing......

 

 

How long does it take for Pitino to retire/resign?

Wow... As a UK fan, I’m glad it’s not us, but let’s not celebrate UL’s demise. The program may never fully recover.

 

Im all for their DEMISE. Only team it would be better is if it was Duke.

Mark Ennis @MarkEnnis

Louisville received its punishment from the NCAA 6/11. A bball assistant was in a hotel room in Vegas w/Adidas conspiring to cheat on 7/27.

If that's what "bringing down" looks like, then AAU ball will be just fine.

 

Yeah I mean only 14 guilty pleas and 40 million dollars forfeited after the investigation. AAU is safe.

  • Author
Im all for their DEMISE. Only team it would be better is if it was Duke.

 

I'd be very careful about being giddy over this. Lots of schools and people still to come to light. It's an ongoing investigation. Would really be bad for you if something comes to light about UK or Coach Cal...

It's bound to be. I think everyone senses there's a sleazy underbelly in the college basketball recruiting industry that the public isn't exposed to. More than damaging a few schools, this could blow up the whole racket - from AAU to the shoe companies to the NCAA.

 

Raw Recruits on steroids.

I'd be very careful about being giddy over this. Lots of schools and people still to come to light. It's an ongoing investigation. Would really be bad for you if something comes to light about UK or Coach Cal...

 

I don't understand that mentality, either. I get much more stoked about my team's success rather than the other team's failures.

 

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

FBI assistant director Bill Sweeney (per Ben Roberts):

 

"Today's arrests should serve as a warning to others choosing to conduct business this way in the world of college athletics: We have your playbook. Our investigation is ongoing. And we are conducting additional interviews, as I speak. We have a lot more work to do, and I encourage those who wish to proactively provide information to contact us."

Yeah I mean only 14 guilty pleas and 40 million dollars forfeited after the investigation. No big deal!

 

New FIFA president in place; Qatar World Cup 2022 on schedule despite massive human rights violations including rumors of actual slave labor to complete construction projects; projected revenues for 2018 World Cup in Russia: $6.5 billion.

 

Same stuff, different day.

Will Tirone‏ @willTirone

ESPN 30 for 30 presents: "Three stripes and you're out", a Louisville cardinal story (credit: @classic_Raque)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.