Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

UKMustangFan

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly they had a big story on ESPN a couple months ago on the assistant named from Arizona about how big of a gain this would be for Sean Miller and how he would help him get big recruits. I guess now we know how he helps get those recruits.....

Book came to Arizona from Xavier with Miller when he was hired...

How long will it take the NCAA to act on these accusations? I mean if the FBI has them on tape, the "investigation" is already done for them. Will they dole out punishments for this upcoming season or will they wait and conduct their own "investigation" and take 18-20 months and still not figure out what to do?

Remember, the 4 coaches arrested did not coach at Adidas schools. This is far deeper than the shoe companies. While they are certainly a complicit link in the chain, the root of the problem is much deeper...

Interesting part is how a lot of this information was jump started by a Financial Advisor under indictment for securities fraud and he was looking for a plea.

I want to see what big name agents get hit.

Interesting part is how a lot of this information was jump started by a Financial Advisor under indictment for securities fraud and he was looking for a plea.

I want to see what big name agents get hit.

Exactly. This isn't some two bit NCAA investigation that only finds what it wants to find. The :poop: is going to hit the fan...

Exactly. This isn't some two bit NCAA investigation that only finds what it wants to find. The :poop: is going to hit the fan...

Agreed this about cleaning up Security fraud , and I will almost guarantee money laundering charges .The schools and shoe companies are just secondary casualties. The financial advisors , agents and Lawyers are the big fish they want.

This is in the Federal District of New York, which is where Wall Street fraud is handled. They'll keep digging until they find every single bit of it, and they're also setting up other College Basketball Fraud tip line, so more could be brought into it than just what has been mentioned thus far. Every coach in college basketball is probably sweating bullets, Calipari, Coach K, Williams, Self, nobody is safe at this point. They're all probably covering tracks.

How long will it take the NCAA to act on these accusations? I mean if the FBI has them on tape, the "investigation" is already done for them. Will they dole out punishments for this upcoming season or will they wait and conduct their own "investigation" and take 18-20 months and still not figure out what to do?

I'd think school are going to be very cautious playing guys that are going to likely end up ineligible to play.