Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

Where do I send my resume to be a UofL Men’s Basketball Assistant Coach? I SWEAR that I would follow and abide by all rules - literally how hard can that be guys?? So over all this…..

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I recall correctly they had a big story on ESPN a couple months ago on the assistant named from Arizona about how big of a gain this would be for Sean Miller and how he would help him get big recruits. I guess now we know how he helps get those recruits.....

Any idea which players if any at Arizona may be involved in this?

Will Tirone‏ @willTirone

ESPN 30 for 30 presents: "Three stripes and you're out", a Louisville cardinal story (credit: @classic_Raque)

:lol2:

Not Jerry Tipton @NotJerryTipton

BREAKING: UofL just signed Rick Pitino to a 50 year, $125 trillion extension.

If I recall correctly they had a big story on ESPN a couple months ago on the assistant named from Arizona about how big of a gain this would be for Sean Miller and how he would help him get big recruits. I guess now we know how he helps get those recruits.....

 

Book came to Arizona from Xavier with Miller when he was hired...

Book came to Arizona from Xavier with Miller when he was hired...

 

I must be thinking of a different assistant then.

Remember, the 4 coaches arrested did not coach at Adidas schools. This is far deeper than the shoe companies. While they are certainly a complicit link in the chain, the root of the problem is much deeper...

How long will it take the NCAA to act on these accusations? I mean if the FBI has them on tape, the "investigation" is already done for them. Will they dole out punishments for this upcoming season or will they wait and conduct their own "investigation" and take 18-20 months and still not figure out what to do?

Remember, the 4 coaches arrested did not coach at Adidas schools. This is far deeper than the shoe companies. While they are certainly a complicit link in the chain, the root of the problem is much deeper...

 

Interesting part is how a lot of this information was jump started by a Financial Advisor under indictment for securities fraud and he was looking for a plea.

 

I want to see what big name agents get hit.

Interesting part is how a lot of this information was jump started by a Financial Advisor under indictment for securities fraud and he was looking for a plea.

 

I want to see what big name agents get hit.

 

Exactly. This isn't some two bit NCAA investigation that only finds what it wants to find. The :poop: is going to hit the fan...

Exactly. This isn't some two bit NCAA investigation that only finds what it wants to find. The :poop: is going to hit the fan...

 

Agreed this about cleaning up Security fraud , and I will almost guarantee money laundering charges .The schools and shoe companies are just secondary casualties. The financial advisors , agents and Lawyers are the big fish they want.

Exactly. This isn't some two bit NCAA investigation that only finds what it wants to find. The :poop: is going to hit the fan...

 

This is in the Federal District of New York, which is where Wall Street fraud is handled. They'll keep digging until they find every single bit of it, and they're also setting up other College Basketball Fraud tip line, so more could be brought into it than just what has been mentioned thus far. Every coach in college basketball is probably sweating bullets, Calipari, Coach K, Williams, Self, nobody is safe at this point. They're all probably covering tracks.

  • Author

Joe Sonka ‏ @joesonka 4m4 minutes ago

 

UofL spox tells me the school will release a statement today. Hold tight.

How long will it take the NCAA to act on these accusations? I mean if the FBI has them on tape, the "investigation" is already done for them. Will they dole out punishments for this upcoming season or will they wait and conduct their own "investigation" and take 18-20 months and still not figure out what to do?

I'd think school are going to be very cautious playing guys that are going to likely end up ineligible to play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.