Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

UKMustangFan

Jason Riley‏Verified account @JasonRileyWDRB

So at 1 point, there was a certain amount agreed to pay player we think is Bowen. But family said a "rival" apparel company came in for more

Jason Riley‏Verified account @JasonRileyWDRB 5m5 minutes ago

Jason Riley Retweeted Jason Riley

Defendant said he spoke with a SECOND coach at the university about getting additional money.

Jason Riley‏Verified account @JasonRileyWDRB 4m4 minutes ago

The second unidentified coach supposedly called Jim Gatto, with Adidas, "who's the head of everything" at the company. & upped to $100,000

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill ask a stupid question. Why would a shoe company care enough to pay a high school kids family money for him to go to a certain school?

Because ADIDAS is losing so many kids to NIKE/UnderArmour when they come into the NBA...they try to lock them up before they go to college.

Jason Riley‏Verified account @JasonRileyWDRB

So at 1 point, there was a certain amount agreed to pay player we think is Bowen. But family said a "rival" apparel company came in for more

Jason Riley‏Verified account @JasonRileyWDRB 5m5 minutes ago

Jason Riley Retweeted Jason Riley

Defendant said he spoke with a SECOND coach at the university about getting additional money.

Jason Riley‏Verified account @JasonRileyWDRB 4m4 minutes ago

The second unidentified coach supposedly called Jim Gatto, with Adidas, "who's the head of everything" at the company. & upped to $100,000

That says a lot. I guarantee even the cleanest head coaches out there are having heart-to-heart conversations with their assistants today. Won't matter if you're with Nike or UA.

It isn't about shoe companies except for the fact the biggest runner in the ring was a head honcho at Adidas. He has been running players for agents for years according to my sources. This is much more about agents and getting their hands on kids early. The shoe company connection is just a link in the chain...

Michael Eaves‏Verified account @michaeleaves

Based on texts I've received this FBI investigation into college basketball corruption could be HUGE. Much bigger than assistants implicated

It's bound to be. I think everyone senses there's a sleazy underbelly in the college basketball recruiting industry that the public isn't exposed to. More than damaging a few schools, this could blow up the whole racket - from AAU to the shoe companies to the NCAA.