Today is 9/11

mcpapa

I remember filling the car up with gas the on the way home from work, not knowing if the gas supply would be interrupted.

Here's a question : Without looking it up how long after 9-11 did it take the U.S. to terminate Osama Bin Laden with extreme prejudice?

This was one of those days that you always remember were you were when you heard about it........like the Kennedy assassination, man on the moon, etc.

Eight years?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eight years?

I was thinking 9-10. I remember watching the Mets vs Phillies coverage when it happened.

That was pretty awesome. Hell, when teaching/showing kids about 9/11 I think that video has a place, it shows how even almost a decade later it still very much mattered to our society. I really think it helped in the healing process for a lot of folks.

I know it was rumored beforehand that Bin Laden was in poor health. I don't think him dying from an illness would have done for our country what it did knowing he'd been killed/captured after being on the run for so long.

I remember filling the car up with gas the on the way home from work, not knowing if the gas supply would be interrupted.

Here's a question : Without looking it up how long after 9-11 did it take the U.S. to terminate Osama Bin Laden with extreme prejudice?

This was one of those days that you always remember were you were when you heard about it........like the Kennedy assassination, man on the moon, etc.

Off the top of my head either 10 or 11 years. I could be off 2 years though.

It was a weird day. I recall pieces, but a good deal of it is hazy between the key stuff.

I’m a regular NPR listener, but on that day I was listening to music on the trip in.

I walked into the office and I spotted the boss on the right and ducked into her office. She had her jaws in her hands at the time. Mine were too, as I watched replay of the first hit. While sitting there, the second one occurred. Had no clue what was going on until then.

After grabbing our jaws off the floor, we attempted to figure out how to cover this, and I went to the local Walmart to get interviews.

At some point before or after that, I hopped on the interstate to go get gas out of fear it was gonna spike a dollar per gallon.

Somewhere in there I wrote some stuff and processed photos.

I ended the day by heading north and visiting an old buddy who was working in the area. We watched horrible replays of all the stuff that went down. And we also watched MJ play in a Wizards uni. Not sure how he played, but I don’t recall it being good.

He died on May 2, 2011....so it was almost 10 years. I was under the mistaken impression that it didn't take that long.

I didn't get to the thread soon enough after your question. I know the answer to that and will always know it, because Osama Bin Laden was killed on my 53rd birthday.

I was having a discussion with my wife this morning. She is a substitute teacher in the Kenton County school system for grades kindergarten through 5. How do you teach children that age about 9/11?

My 4th grade came home and was asking all kinds of questions. They talked about it a little in his class.