Today is 9/11

mcpapa

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember running to my car in downtown Cincinnati looking back to see if a plane was about to hit the Carew Tower.

I remember driving back from Chicago that evening after finally finding a one way rental and looking up into the sky continuously to make sure no planes were about to drop on me! Scary times for sure!

I'll never forget the calls my wife made to me that day at work. I remember telling those around me what had happened and how so many had no concept of what was happening or what it meant. After news of the Pentagon came in then everyone started to realize what was going on.

I remember taking my son out in the driveway that evening and looking up at the sky and telling him he'd never see an empty sky with no planes or contrails again.

I also really remember the vast big beautiful empty blue skies that day and ensuing few days. Lived in Atlanta at the time and occasionally would hear/see the loud military planes from Dobbins AFB.

Praying today for the survivors and families impacted.

Same memory here sister... It was an amazingly gorgeous day that so sadly was tragically stolen from all of us. How could evil destroy such beauty? It instantly felt like a game changer that left many, myself included, feeling numb and afraid. I recall going through that day, and many days afterward in a daze.

A very numbing sequence of events.

North Tower Hit - Questions of how this could happen.

South Tower Hit - Sudden realization that we were actually under attack.

Pentagon Hit - Now wondering what next, and how extensive this was going to be.

Plane Crash in Pa - Now wondering if life as we know it is changing forever.

First Tower Collapse - Realization of the total tragedy and loss of life sets in

Second Tower Collapse - Feeling of helplessness for the devastation sustained by NYC

Days Following - Sympathy for the victims and their families. Admiration for Mayor Guiliani and the City of New York. Escalating resentment of the Bush administration.

Never forget that the Palestinian Nation celebrated in the streets and considered this a victory for Islam.

I remember taking my son out in the driveway that evening and looking up at the sky and telling him he'd never see an empty sky with no planes or contrails again.

Sitting on my patio that night doing the same thing.....my little world was so quiet....it was surreal.