Open Job: Beechwood

Tuition kids vs non tuition kids...if that is actually how some parents look at things it wouldn't surprise me in the least. All the kids that go to Beechwood are Beechwood students regardless. If little Johnny isn't good enough to beat the tuition student out on his HS team then guess what, little Johnny needs to get better or he'll sit. That mentality is why kids are soft, lazy, and think they are entitled to something.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuition kids vs non tuition kids...if that is actually how some parents look at things it wouldn't surprise me in the least. All the kids that go to Beechwood are Beechwood students regardless. If little Johnny isn't good enough to beat the tuition student out on his HS team then guess what, little Johnny needs to get better or he'll sit. That mentality is why kids are soft, lazy, and think they are entitled to something.

Some of those tuition kids are coming from schools where they can't beat the competition at the larger school so they move somewhere they can...I wonder how many actually move to face better competition vs. going somewhere to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Just curious.

Some of those tuition kids are coming from schools where they can't beat the competition at the larger school so they move somewhere they can...I wonder how many actually move to face better competition vs. going somewhere to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Just curious.

I am shocked more kids don't do that. For example, I guarantee you there are kids at Cov Cath that could be good starting high school basketball players and they aren't even playing basketball at CCH. I bet you I could go to the non basketball playing students at CCH and put together a .500+ high school basketball team. There are a lot of kids at big schools who aren't starting at whatever sport you want to say that could go to a small school, start and be good players.

I am shocked more kids don't do that. For example, I guarantee you there are kids at Cov Cath that could be good starting high school basketball players and they aren't even playing basketball at CCH. I bet you I could go to the non basketball playing students at CCH and put together a .500+ high school basketball team. There are a lot of kids at big schools who aren't starting at whatever sport you want to say that could go to a small school, start and be good players.

It's funny that many of those players get the high accolades at smaller programs for being great athletes but wouldn't start at larger schools....I don't see many that go from smaller programs to larger ones that stand out although I'm sure there have been some.

Good way to make connections and get your name out there in a good city to sell real estate.

The time it would take to coach baseball would make it almost impossible to be available during the busiest season for real estate in NKY.

It's funny that many of those players get the high accolades at smaller programs for being great athletes but wouldn't start at larger schools....I don't see many that go from smaller programs to larger ones that stand out although I'm sure there have been some.

I don't agree with that. I think the vast majority, if not all, of the players at small programs that get high accolades would at least be starters at big programs.

My point is those players that are good enough to get some playing time at big schools could be starters at small schools. Some of those kids that don't get playing time and end up quitting because they need more time and attention to develop would get that playing time, attention and time in a small school.

I don't agree with that. I think the vast majority, if not all, of the players at small programs that get high accolades would at least be starters at big programs.

My point is those players that are good enough to get some playing time at big schools could be starters at small schools. Some of those kids that don't get playing time and end up quitting because they need more time and attention to develop would get that playing time, attention and time in a small school.

Absolutely. Stringer would have started and still been a star at SK. Castleman would have been a 4 (maybe 5 year) starter at Scott.

There are more than just those 2 out there but I agree on Stringer 100%. There are others that would not be starters at larger schools that are top players at their smaller schools I just don't know all their names but would bet there are.

There are more than just those 2 out there but I agree on Stringer 100%. There are others that would not be starters at larger schools that are top players at their smaller schools I just don't know all their names but would bet there are.

If you are talking about a key starting player on a four win small school team, I am not going to argue with you on that one.

For the most part Beechwood is on par with any large school in NKy in baseball and football. There are a lot of kids that would start at almost any large school.. The large schools just have more depth from the amount of total kids that go there.

Kevin Gray is an outstanding choice to take over at Beechwood. I wish him nothing but the best in his new position. With that being said I'm not sure I will ever be able to cheer for his team. I mean it's Beechwood for God's sake and I'm a Ludlow Panther thru and thru. Lol. Congratulations Kevin and good luck.