Open Job: Beechwood

Agreed, Coach Gray has dismissed a few in his time which I applaud. I love a coach who cares more about building/molding young men into responsible adults vs turning a blind eye to antics just to win games. Not sure he'd be well liked there by some that lack this discipline at home and expect to get away with it on the field too...which I'm sure happens at all schools not just BW.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too easy.

Very surprised to hear this. Only saw Tigers play 4 times this year (very small sample, for sure); but, never saw anything on-field that was less than best behavior and stellar sportsmanship. Were there off-field issues admin thought coaches didn't handle? No specifics wanted.

Very surprised to hear this. Only saw Tigers play 4 times this year (very small sample, for sure); but, never saw anything on-field that was less than best behavior and stellar sportsmanship. Were there off-field issues admin thought coaches didn't handle? No specifics wanted.

I am speculating here based on the conversation I had. I don't think it was anything bad or urgent, but rather the overall laissez faire approach to discipline. Again, that is speculation on my part.

I am speculating here based on the conversation I had. I don't think it was anything bad or urgent, but rather the overall laissez faire approach to discipline. Again, that is speculation on my part.

My understanding is that a lack of organization and communication may have played a role too.

• 2 weeks later...

rumor I heard was he BM was told he needed to play BW kids more than tuition kids and responded with "you don't tell me who I play"....I guess he's right, they don't but they do pay the salary. **Word of mouth rumor, cannot validate** Be interesting to see how this affects future "tuition students/athletes"...will new coach follow this direction (If it's true) and play the BW kids over tuition??? What happens to future of program without incoming transfers. Haven't they had quite a few in the last few years??? Outsider, so don't know, just asking.

rumor I heard was he BM was told he needed to play BW kids more than tuition kids and responded with "you don't tell me who I play"....I guess he's right, they don't but they do pay the salary. **Word of mouth rumor, cannot validate** Be interesting to see how this affects future "tuition students/athletes"...will new coach follow this direction (If it's true) and play the BW kids over tuition??? What happens to future of program without incoming transfers. Haven't they had quite a few in the last few years??? Outsider, so don't know, just asking.

LOL. 7 of the 9 starters from the baseball team last year were tuition kids. No way this is true. There are only a couple parents that believe tuition kids are taking their kids place on sports teams. And, all the kids that get accepted to BW are BW kids.... not just the kids that happen to live near the school. If BW doesn't want tuition kids to make their sports programs better, close tuition.

LOL. 7 of the 9 starters from the baseball team last year were tuition kids. No way this is true. There are only a couple parents that believe tuition kids are taking their kids place on sports teams. And, all the kids that get accepted to BW are BW kids.... not just the kids that happen to live near the school. If BW doesn't want tuition kids to make their sports programs better, close tuition.

Did I read this right? 7 of 9 WERE tuition kids....if that's the case I can see people being upset....at least until the football program or baseball program starts losing, then it's "Let's get the best athletes"...LOL.