Science Friction's "What/Who the Hell Is It " History Game

Science Friction

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gandhi was very fluent in English. He was a British trained lawyer from a nation that was colonized by Britain. It was his attempt to reach to Hitler to end the war.

I know he was fluent in English being from a British colony. If I were going to try to convince a German dictator to stop his aggression I would try to write it in German. It only makes sense to me if Gandhi did not know German and Hitler did not know Hindi. Perhaps the only language they had in common was English. That is a possibility. Otherwise it calls in question the authenticity of the letter, was my point. I just wondered if someone knew the story behind the letter and why it is in English.

I know he was fluent in English being from a British colony. If I were going to try to convince a German dictator to stop his aggression I would try to write it in German. It only makes sense to me if Gandhi did not know German and Hitler did not know Hindi. Perhaps the only language they had in common was English. That is a possibility. Otherwise it calls in question the authenticity of the letter, was my point. I just wondered if someone knew the story behind the letter and why it is in English.

Mahatma Gandhi : Selected Letters - I

:thumb: