Science Friction

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rare-Photos-From-The-Past-75.jpg

[ATTACH]62137[/ATTACH]

These pictures have someone in common.

Thanks for putting the two together. It all makes sense now, and narrows my guesses to two. The someone in common is the guy speaking to Hitler, and he is either:

a) Hitler's DC, "No, no, we can defend against the 'single wing,' but the Americans are using the 'T formation' now.

OR

b) Hitler's psychic, "If we don't turn this thing around, the Americans will be playing their Army-Navy game here in Berlin this year."

LOL. And I was feeling dumb too.

Edited by Runcible Owl

[ATTACH]62137[/ATTACH]

Rare-Photos-From-The-Past-75.jpg

[ATTACH]62137[/ATTACH]

Thanks for putting the two together. It all makes sense now, and narrows my guesses to two. The someone in common is the guy speaking to Hitler, and he is either:

a) Hitler's DC, "No, no, we can defend against the 'single wing,' but the Americans are using the 'T formation' now.

OR

b) Hitler's psychic, "If we don't turn this thing around, the Americans will be playing their Army-Navy game here in Berlin this year."

LOL. And I was feeling dumb too.

24EFB2B600000578-2921337-image-a-7_1421917704878.jpg

Getting closer, but not Berlin.

Nazis.jpg

Thanks for the hint. Nuremberg. Can you tell us anything about the game played in the photo? Looks '60's-ish. Great clue trail.

Quick, say Reichsparteitagsgelände fast three times. :lol:

That is a football game played by Nurnberg American High School versus another American high school team, like Munich, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, etc. Hitler's rally stadium was occupied by the American military from about 1945 until 1996ish. My high school had all of the home football games on this field, as well as our home soccer games and track meets.

That is a football game played by Nurnberg American High School versus another American high school team, like Munich, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, etc. Hitler's rally stadium was occupied by the American military from about 1945 until 1996ish. My high school had all of the home football games on this field, as well as our home soccer games and track meets.

So cool. My dad was an AFN / RFE guy in the early - mid '60s. I used to tag along with him and his buds when they road tripped to support the Rhein-Main AB HS teams. Some of my first sports fan memories. I had forgotten those. With Father's Day coming up, one more thing to be grateful for. Thanks for the post.

Great info.