Science Friction's "What/Who the Hell Is It " History Game

Science Friction

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH]61834[/ATTACH]

If my hint was right, then I go with first person conceived in test tube.

That's the 1st test tube baby!

At least she had a "womb with a view"....

The hanging of conspirators of Lincoln's assassination. (I think)

I've read several accounts that the woman they hanged was more than likely innocent but there was such a feeding frenzy after Lincoln's death that they condemned her as well. She owned the building the conspirators met but there was never solid evidence that she knew about the conspiracy.

• 4 weeks later...
^ RO #1 These high achievers were photographed during a field trip. Where are they from? When did they graduate? As a group, they became known as...? Can you pick out any notable individuals?

That's a tough one. My very first thought was a class of Westpoint grads. No idea of the year or location. If it is Westpoint, there's probably some future generals or presidents among them.

That's a tough one. My very first thought was a class of Westpoint grads. No idea of the year or location. If it is Westpoint, there's probably some future generals or presidents among them.

Let's narrow the field. Players third from the left, and on the far right are also pictured in RO #1. In the first photo in this sequence - the group is on the steps of the Gettysburg courthouse.

bgp ro2.jpg

Let's narrow the field. Players third from the left, and on the far right are also pictured in RO #1. In the first photo in this sequence - the group is on the steps of the Gettysburg courthouse.

[ATTACH]62557[/ATTACH]

I'm gonna say the third from the left is Ike. Not sure yet about the other. I'll think about it overnight.

[ATTACH]62557[/ATTACH]

Far right looks like a young Omar Bradley.

And because 3rd from left is short I will say George S. Patton.

I'm gonna say the third from the left is Ike. Not sure yet about the other. I'll think about it overnight.

Far right looks like a young Omar Bradley.

And because 3rd from left is short I will say George S. Patton.

Well done. Points to Science Friction and Bluto.

From the football photo, Ike (3rd from left) may appear a little shorter from favoring a knee injury, and that is Bradley on the far right. Patton, who graduated six years previous to them, was the tallest of the three, at 6' 2".

From RO #1, Eisenhower and Bradley, are circled in the photo below.

tumblr_nbmnr0C4Tn1s7e5k5o1_500.jpg

This is the USMA West Point, Class of 1915. For the match: Collectively, they became known as "The Class...." (looking at you Science Friction).

@Science Friction, this one's for you. Thank you for starting this cool thread, and Happy Independence Day to all BGPers!

From Post #759, to answer the third and last unanswered question - "As a group they became known as... 'The Class the Stars Fell On'."

Of the 164 graduates that year, 59 (36%) attained the rank of general, more than any class in the history of the USMA ..., hence the expression. - The class the stars fell on - Wikipedia

usmatctsfo15.jpg