Louisville 24 Kansas St. 6

Jim Schue

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's over a month away, but after watching the game today I'm not very confident that UofL can beat WV without Brohm. Cantwell looked good, but nothing stood out.

Bottom line, UofL did what they needed to in order to get the win.

WV wasn't very impressive today....If ECU didn't fumble and commit stupid penalties...they might have had a shot...WV's passing looked horrible...several INTs

A solid, workmanlike win for U of L over a motivated K-State team. I thought to myself as this game ticked down its final seconds that the Cards handled this road game like a really solid football program--no nonsense, nothing too flashy, just come in and take care of business, grind it out and leave with the "W". They are top ten and must realize now that they will go into every game (especially away games) with a big target on their chests, just like the traditional power schools. That seems to be a key difference (knock on wood) with the other U of L teams of recent years that struggled to handle their success. As soon as they would have a big win, they would struggle or get knocked off by a team far below their standing. And the football opinion-makers would kind of stop taking them seriously from that point on.

This team seems to "get it" that they have to step up every time they take the field.

Very solid game by the Cards (especially on defense). But they showed that they are diminished offensively without Bush and Brohm. Hopefully, Brohm will be back and 100% for WVU.

While not as impressive as some other wins have been. I'll take a road win over and undefeated BCS team anyday.

The opening drive looked like classic UofL football and smelled as if a blowout was going to occur. After that drive UofL sputtered as though they had lost thier focus, blockers missed blockers RB's danced in holes, recievers dropped balls in a way I don't usually see UofL perform. Maybe the offense felt the game was over after the first drive or possibly KState has very legitimate defense, but there was clearly a drop in performance after that first drive.

I thought Jackson (I thinhk it was him) had the most amazing one handed int early in the game but the the officials called it incomplete as though it hit the ground, it was never reviewed and the play went on, I think having that INT would also have changed the status of the game early.

While not as impressive as some other wins have been. I'll take a road win over and undefeated BCS team anyday.

The opening drive looked like classic UofL football and smelled as if a blowout was going to occur. After that drive UofL sputtered as though they had lost thier focus, blockers missed blockers RB's danced in holes, recievers dropped balls in a way I don't usually see UofL perform. Maybe the offense felt the game was over after the first drive or possibly KState has very legitimate defense, but there was clearly a drop in performance after that first drive.

I thought Jackson (I thinhk it was him) had the most amazing one handed int early in the game but the the officials called it incomplete as though it hit the ground, it was never reviewed and the play went on, I think having that INT would also have changed the status of the game early.

I agree, that was CLEARLY a catch... even that Big 12 announcing crew thought it was. And I do think it would have changed the complexion a little.

I was pleased with the workmanlike performance of the Cards today. That K-State team is better than advertised, BUT need to work on the accuracy of their QB's, that was horrible. The big difference that I notice between Brian and Hunter, is when U of L plays teams that drop into Cover 2, 3, or 4. When you play a zone on defense, receivers will be open, but only for a certain time period. That's why progressions, and timing are so vital. When you man, when a receiver gets open, he generally stays open, making the read easier. Now, WVU plays zone, as does Rutgers I believe. Brian should be back for both of those. Watch for any team that UL plays in the next few weeks to try and implement a zone defense, because it does two things" 1 - takes away a lot that Urrutia brings to the table, and 2 - makes Hunter's reads accelerate, which he is still learning to do.

Good win Cards, enjoy your break.

NO!!!!

I see you posted this before the UK vs UF game last night!

UL shows how deep and talented they are. How many teams could lose not 1 but 2 Heisman hopefuls and still be playing solid football? Not many. I am impressed with how UL is still getting the job done. It says a lot about the players and the coaches! Nice win for UL in what many thought could be a possible stumbling block for the Cards.