Were You a College Athlete?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Were You a College Athlete?

• Yes, I played D-I
    • Yes, I played D-II
    • Yes, I played D-III
    • Yes, I played NAIA
    • Not a Chance

I played intramural basketball, flag football, volleyball, dodgeball. Does that count? :lol2:

I was an Intramural Fraternity legend at NKU lol jk.

Got championships in the sports you listed, but I'll add 3 on 3 bball, ultimate frisbee, indoor hockey, indoor soccer, volleyball (indoor and sand), soccer, wiffleball, badmitton, softball, cornhole. Helped secure the Fraternity Director's Cup all five years of my collegiate experience lol.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NAIA football at Georgetown College. TIGER PRIDE

If we are talking intramural sports, Intramural water polo was possibly the most fun and most exhausting off season activity I ever participated in. Killer cardio and low impact on the knees, right up my alley.

Not a chance. I was always one of those guys that was a shade above average in lots of things (basketball being an exception; I stunk even in intramurals), but not nearly good enough to play varsity sports at any level beyond high school.

I can't exactly answer the poll either. I walked on baseball at U. Memphis (It was Memphis State U. at the time). I only tried this for a year. I never pitched a game (although I am sure it would have been a no hitter), but I threw a lot of batting practice. I could have played outfield as well, and I am sure I would have had no errors and probably batted 2000, all homeruns. I liked to slip in a knuckleball now and then, but I got in trouble for that.

It was kind of funny though....at practice, the pitchers had to do extra fitness and running, then we had to spread out behind the outfielders to retrieve balls that were hit beyond the outfielders. As practice wore on, spreading out morphed into conversational clumps of pitchers....then we got yelled at...then we relished the chance that a fly ball actually would be hit out to us, so we would run to catch it...sometimes too close to the actual outfielder...we got yelled at again. All-in-all, it was a worthwhile experience.

I can't exactly answer the poll either. I walked on baseball at U. Memphis (It was Memphis State U. at the time). I only tried this for a year. I never pitched a game (although I am sure it would have been a no hitter), but I threw a lot of batting practice. I liked to slip in a knuckleball now and then, but I got in trouble for that.

I could have played outfield as well, and I am sure I would have had no errors and probably batted 2000, all homeruns.

It was kind of funny though....at practice, the pitchers had to do extra fitness and running, then we had to spread out behind the outfielders to retrieve balls that were hit beyond the outfielders. As practice wore on, spreading out morphed into conversational clumps of pitchers....then we got yelled at...then we relished the chance that a fly ball actually would be hit out to us, so we would run to catch it...sometimes too close to the actual outfielder...we got yelled at again. All-in-all, it was a worthwhile experience.

As a non college athlete I wouldn't call what you did wimping out at all. I wish I could have had an opportunity to wimp out. Nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy yourself. College athletics is extremely demanding. I have a ton of respect for you and the decision you made for yourself. Definitely not wimping out in my book.

I really appreciate that PP. Thank you.

Played baseball at TMC...

Played hoops in HS as well. The highlight of my basketball career came when I was in the 6th grade...true story...

My team played Dicky Beal's team...the same Dicky Beal who later played at Holmes and UK. He scored 26 points against us in the FIRST HALF...he was truly a man against boys...my coach put me on him in the second half...I shut him down...held him to 25...

Played baseball at TMC...

Played hoops in HS as well. The highlight of my basketball career came when I was in the 6th grade...true story...

My team played Dicky Beal's team...the same Dicky Beal who later played at Holmes and UK. He scored 26 points against us in the FIRST HALF...he was truly a man against boys...my coach put me on him in the second half...I shut him down...held him to 25...

Where was that game played