• Yes, I played D-II
    • Yes, I played D-III
    • Yes, I played NAIA
    • Not a Chance

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right down the road from where I went to college (West Chester). Are you from that area?? What years were you there??

No I grew up in Cincinnati, finished last year and a half of HS in fla. Lacked height and weight to play DI. Ended up at Cheyney U. We played West Chester... Got our behinds kicked. Had to leave school after 1 year. Became a dad and adult responsibilities became more important. Had to give up a full ride. Hated that but it was the right thing to do. I was there 87 to 88

No I grew up in Cincinnati, finished last year and a half of HS in fla. Lacked height and weight to play DI. Ended up at Cheyney U. We played West Chester... Got our behinds kicked. Had to leave school after 1 year. Became a dad and adult responsibilities became more important. Had to give up a full ride. Hated that but it was the right thing to do. I was there 87 to 88

I had a preferred walk on to play football at West Chester, but ultimately decided to play baseball because I thought I had a chance to play pro ball....found out pretty quickly I couldn't. WCU was very solid in football during those years...I was there from 1988-1992. A couple guys spent some time in NFL camps...the QB and his main target were very good. One other guy, Lee Woodall ended up having a nice NFL career with the 49ers. Small world

I had a preferred walk on to play football at West Chester, but ultimately decided to play baseball because I thought I had a chance to play pro ball....found out pretty quickly I couldn't. WCU was very solid in football during those years...I was there from 1988-1992. A couple guys spent some time in NFL camps...the QB and his main target were very good. One other guy, Lee Woodall ended up having a nice NFL career with the 49ers. Small world

" big cat" James Williams was a red shirt year ahead of me he made it to the chicago bears and started at left tackle for like 6 years. I got to run a 40 in front of a couple Eagle scouts who asked me and another receiver who was a freshman also. Ran a 4.55 in full gear on a grass field. That's my brush with fame. I wish Cheney would have had a baseball team. I thought about playing basketball, had a 36 in vert. 40 if I drop stepped was fast and nobody ripped me. Had 9 varsity letters in HS so I think I would have made the team.

You guys had a little skinny RB, man he had vision. He tore us up.

You guys had a little skinny RB, man he had vision. He tore us up.

Derrick Price (not that anybody around here would care or know who he was) was the RB. Billy Hess was the wideout and return guy. He was small too, but got a real long look with the Eagles, and had a great preseason. Buddy Ryan ended up cutting him though. The PSAC has always had some very good teams. Indiana PA, West Chester, Bloomsburg, E. Stroudsburg, Millersville (who offered me, but I turned them down to play baseball) were all very good at that time and nationally ranked D2 schools.

Derrick Price (not that anybody around here would care or know who he was) was the RB. Billy Hess was the wideout and return guy. He was small too, but got a real long look with the Eagles, and had a great preseason. Buddy Ryan ended up cutting him though. The PSAC has always had some very good teams. Indiana PA, West Chester, Bloomsburg, E. Stroudsburg, Millersville (who offered me, but I turned them down to play baseball) were all very good at that time and nationally ranked D2 schools.

Haven't heard those names in years. Very tough conference. Small world indeed.

I stole the ball from Wayne Turner in a pickup game at Seaton Center. That is the highlight of my athletic career.

We seem to have a similar highlight, hah. The highlight of my career was stealing the ball from OJ Mayo at the Ashland YMCA, after putting on a dribbling show he tried to bounce the ball of my forehead but I took it and headed to the basket, passed it of to someone else and Marquese Dawson blocked their layup. I'll take it considering OJ was trying to make me look a fool but didn't succeed.

Best I got is I played on arguably the best intramural team on campus at WKU during my time there — won a title and two other final fours. Was more of a player-coach though. I installed a devastating 1-2-1-1 press that resulted in us beating a team by 100+ points once. I was the victory cigar if I got into the game. :lol2:

Through that, I did get to play with Darnell Mee, who had a cup of coffee in the NBA. He was Prop 48 the year he was with us, our title year. I was never on the court at the same time as him, natch.

Some of my most fun hoops moments were in pick-up games where I got lucky enough to have Jack Jennings on my team. He punked out football players on the regular, and laughed heartily as those guys left the court as losers, usually fighting mad.

We seem to have a similar highlight, hah. The highlight of my career was stealing the ball from OJ Mayo at the Ashland YMCA, after putting on a dribbling show he tried to bounce the ball of my forehead but I took it and headed to the basket, passed it of to someone else and Marquese Dawson blocked their layup. I'll take it considering OJ was trying to make me look a fool but didn't succeed.

Word up!