Classes in Girls Basketball - Needed ???

As of this morning 38 1st round regional games have been played in Girls Basketball. 19 of the 38 games have been decided by more than 20 points and 9 of the 38 games have been decided by more than 30 points. Does a school really deserve to make the regional and then lose by 30 points? Look at the girls scores from the 6th and 7th regions last night. That could not have been fun for players, coaches or fans. Thoughts???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say no to classes. It happens at all levels of basketball. Even during the All - A you have blow out games.

My only change would be to seed all district tourney's. Give the best 2 teams from each district a chance to qualify without having to play in the 1st round. Once you get to Regions, then it is what it is.

This is right up there with, "Lets give everyone a trophy" at the end of the year OR "Let's not hurt anyone's feelings". This crap is what's making this generation weak and not ready for the real world. When you go for a job interview do they break the potential employees up into classes based on your qualifications? NO, you get put into the pot with everyone else and you compete for the same job. Life if tough and at times unfair. DEAL WITH IT!

This crap is what's making this generation weak and not ready for the real world.

The next person who says the current generation is stronger than previous generations will be the first.

Also, football has been classed since 1959. When did the stronger generation exist, considering, obviously, that classed sports is what is keeping people from being ready for the real world?

Addendum: I'm 100% AGAINST classification in basketball, but it has nothing to do with trophies or career preparation.

Man, where are all you guys on the football forum when we discuss classes over there??? I need some help over there! Mark your calendars for August 1st and come over and join the discussion. I'm sure it will come up!! Lol

As of this morning 38 1st round regional games have been played in Girls Basketball. 19 of the 38 games have been decided by more than 20 points and 9 of the 38 games have been decided by more than 30 points. Does a school really deserve to make the regional and then lose by 30 points? Look at the girls scores from the 6th and 7th regions last night. That could not have been fun for players, coaches or fans. Thoughts???

Sure it is. The post game meal to McDonald's makes it all worth it according to some people. I'm with you though. It's ridiculous. That's why I'm so against drawing in district tournaments. I've seen years where two far superior teams end up playing in the first round, leaving a much inferior team to not only get drilled once but twice. I don't see that as a positive experience at all.

No to classes, no to seeding. Blind draw it, it fits with today as the almighty dollar generally trumps so much. Each school that goes to a regional gets the same cut from the gate, therefore, its a win win.

So you'd be completely fine with watching Kansas and Villanova play in the first round of the NCAA Tournament then?

Girls champions the past 12 years:

2005 Lexington Catholic - medium school

2006 Lexington Catholic - medium

2007 Lexington Christian - small school

2008 Butler - large school

2009 Iroquois - medium

2010 Scott County - gigantic school

2011 Rockcastle County - medium

2012 Manual - large

2013 Marion County - medium

2014 Butler - large

2015 Covington Holy Cross - small