Classes in Girls Basketball - Needed ???

I actually like the All A, but it is not what is preventing classification as the KHSAA could care less about it. The reason there is no classification is because the Boys' Sweet 16 is the money maker and brings in over 65% of the total revenue for their fiscal year.

The All A takes pressure of the KHSAA from small schools to classify.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The All A takes pressure of the KHSAA from small schools to classify.

No offense, but it doesn't as I have talked to a KHSAA board member a few times over this subject. The All A has zero impact on the KHSAA's decision to not classify, it is about money plain and simple.

No offense, but it doesn't as I have talked to a KHSAA board member a few times over this subject. The All A has zero impact on the KHSAA's decision to not classify, it is about money plain and simple.
Sorry, but that is just wrong. Everyone knows it does and it's just common sense, they just don't want to admit it.

Sorry, but that is just wrong. Everyone knows it does and it's just common sense, they just don't want to admit it.

If you don't think that money is the sole reason that the KHSAA doesn't go to classification, that just doesn't make sense. But hey believe what you need to in order to get thru the day. I will let the board member know they are not being honest. :lol2:

Practice harder and get better as a team then you won't have to worry about getting blown out.

So suppose you were allowed to build a basketball team from anyone you could find in Independence KY and I was allowed to build a basketball team from anyone I could find in Cleveland OH. And we would play each other. I would expect to hear you say that I have an advantage because there are so many more people in Cleveland than Independence. I would expect to hear you say that I have an advantage because Cleveland has a pro franchise that attracts some of the best players to Cleveland. I would like the arrangement because my team was good. And I may get annoyed by those suggesting a change to the arrangement. But no matter how annoyed I got, I don’t think you would hear me say that the reason why your Independence team is not anywhere near as good as my Cleveland team is because you don’t practice hard enough.

I don't know why people love to hate on the All A Classic. If it wasn't for it there would be classification in basketball. It takes a ton of pressure off the KHSAA because it gives small schools their recognition. Everyone should be thankful for it.

I'm biting my tongue LAwildcat!

Practice harder and get better as a team then you won't have to worry about getting blown out.

That statement is old and overused.

The flip side is one can't take a mule and win the Kentucky Derby.

Sometimes the talent isn't there regardless how much you "practice hard". That's why Piarist and Riverside Christian have never won a district, much less a region.

I actually like the All A, but it is not what is preventing classification as the KHSAA could care less about it. The reason there is no classification is because the Boys' Sweet 16 is the money maker and brings in over 65% of the total revenue for their fiscal year.

So if you had classification it would be the sweet 32, more teams, more money.

So if you had classification it would be the sweet 32, more teams, more money.

Sorry it doesn't work like that. It would be too watered down and attendance would be so low which would generate less revenue than they normally take in from the regular Sweet 16.

Boys' basketball will never go to classification because as I said it earlier it is the main revenue generator for the KHSAA, which means it is a safe bet the girls' side won't either.

That's baloney. Some have a level they can only get to. I say many do work their tails off. When I was in high school. I could have worked 24 hours a day at jumping and never would have dunked a basketball or run a (4.5) 40.

If you don't think that money is the sole reason that the KHSAA doesn't go to classification, that just doesn't make sense. But hey believe what you need to in order to get thru the day. I will let the board member know they are not being honest. :lol2:
I think what he is trying to say, is that the existence of the All A keeps the fans/schools from putting pressure on the KHSAA.