Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Respect for the Office"

Featured Replies

In regards to mockery, I don't feel that Trump should be on social media. If he has a social media secretary, fine. The President should not be replying to critics and questions in that manner. It appears petty and gives me no confidence in his ability to handle crisis. Additionally, if he is going to use social media, make sure that his facts are air tight. He loses credibility almost every time he throws out a statistic. The position of President is ABOVE responding to the media in 250 characters or less. He comes across as caring too much about what is said about him.

 

 

I was feeling this same way, and Mrs. doomer and I were discussing. She brought up the point that by doing this, he is bypassing the media, which he doesn't trust, and going directly to the people. I hadn't thought of it this way, but it makes sense. If you can't trust the messenger, shoot him, and deliver the message yourself.

 

This is another Constitutional fear of mine. I can see censorship coming from him in gradual steps that will erode the 1st Amendment. Well, that and free practice of religion.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure how people have formulated the theory that "People have issues with how Trump acts as President b/c Obama skewed the way that we see the position." What does my statement have to do with Obama??? People will jump to conclusions...it is getting worse by the day.

 

It's not your statement, it's the way that the administration has run things (as detailed by some others in the posts) that have skewed how citizen "think" things should be.

 

We have trained an entire generation of citizens to believe that the way the country has been run is the way it should always be run.

 

Trump using Twitter is just a means to bypass the media and their slanted views and put his words directly to the people. I care not that he blows anyone up on Twitter...not a big deal and I don't fear that that behavior somehow translates to some concern over the "nuclear codes".

 

He's not a Traditionalist. He's not a Conformist. He's not a Politician. He has been elected because people wanted change, and now we have it, and some are uncomfortable with the level of change. Doesn't make it bad, doesn't make it wrong...it probably glares a little more because of the pendulum swinging to the exact opposite.

 

I would prefer maybe a little more centered, but I'm ok with a big shift to get the ship turned....this guy is focused solely on the business of changing our country....the name calling, Nazi references and unfounded fears of 1st Amendment issues are unnecessary.

 

I have zero issue with the press getting gutted on a daily basis...they have misled and lied to the general population for entirely too long. If calling out the press is concern for losing 1st Amendment rights, then we are missing the point. These guys are the lowest of the low and have fed a steady diet of non-truths to the simple American for long enough.

It will be obvious to most everyone four years from now that the bolded is simply not true.

 

Not a snowball's chance in Hades.

 

Hillary's corruption would make President Trump look like a choir boy.

Hillary would never be better than Trump. He cares for America and is in it to help America.

Hillary was in it to make money and would ruin America.

Where was this thread 8 years ago? :lol2: We didn't have those that disrespect the current president telling us it was okay then. Quite the opposite.

  • Author
Hillary would never be better than Trump. He cares for America and is in it to help America.

Hillary was in it to make money and would ruin America.

 

 

So says my mother. She's wrong and so are you. Trump cares about one thing- TRUMP!!!

I don't understand why the press thinks they are somehow above criticism or that they are somehow a sacred cow that is never to be questioned. The 1st Amendment on guarantees a free press, no where does it say that can't be criticized.

 

Personally I'm enjoying watching them be skewered.

So says my mother. She's wrong and so are you. Trump cares about one thing- TRUMP!!!

 

Substitute Trump's name for any politician and I would agree with you.

It's not your statement, it's the way that the administration has run things (as detailed by some others in the posts) that have skewed how citizen "think" things should be.

 

We have trained an entire generation of citizens to believe that the way the country has been run is the way it should always be run.

 

Trump using Twitter is just a means to bypass the media and their slanted views and put his words directly to the people. I care not that he blows anyone up on Twitter...not a big deal and I don't fear that that behavior somehow translates to some concern over the "nuclear codes".

 

He's not a Traditionalist. He's not a Conformist. He's not a Politician. He has been elected because people wanted change, and now we have it, and some are uncomfortable with the level of change. Doesn't make it bad, doesn't make it wrong...it probably glares a little more because of the pendulum swinging to the exact opposite.

 

I would prefer maybe a little more centered, but I'm ok with a big shift to get the ship turned....this guy is focused solely on the business of changing our country....the name calling, Nazi references and unfounded fears of 1st Amendment issues are unnecessary.

 

I have zero issue with the press getting gutted on a daily basis...they have misled and lied to the general population for entirely too long. If calling out the press is concern for losing 1st Amendment rights, then we are missing the point. These guys are the lowest of the low and have fed a steady diet of non-truths to the simple American for long enough.

 

Had to give a thank you as well as a like. In fact, I like this post so much it gets a :thumb: and a :ylsuper: as well.

So says my mother. She's wrong and so are you. Trump cares about one thing- TRUMP!!!

 

And Obama cared about one thing. OBAMA!!!

FDR made use of new media of his day, it was called radio with his fireside chats. I don't see how what Trump is doing with Twitter is much different.

Hillary would never be better than Trump. He cares for America and is in it to help America.

Hillary was in it to make money and would ruin America.

 

I actually totally agree with this post. Trump is egotistical and a showman and a bunch of other things. But he is also an insanely rich 70 year old guy with a great business and family. He could do anything he wanted with the rest of his life. I honestly think he decided to run for president because he hated the direction of the country under Obama and thought he could do better for the country. Why else would he put up with all the venom and hatred he knew he would get from both R's and D's during the election process and now...JMO

  • Author
Substitute Trump's name for any politician and I would agree with you.

 

Pretty much.

  • Author

Can we all just make a pact that when discussing the current President we will not deflect and mention Obama and Hillary? Both Obama and Hillary are off enjoying their lives on a sandy beach or exotic island somewhere. Let's keep current with Trump. He's the only man that matters now. There is hardly a Trump thread that goes by without multiple mentions of Obama or Hillary. They're old news.

Let's go back and count all the times that Bush was referred to after Obama got elected. Everything was Bush's fault, remember.

 

In other words, it ain't happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.