"Respect for the Office"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently, President Trump cannot be held accountable for his own actions. Which actually goes along with his rhetoric that began long before he became a candidate for President. He epitomizes the "billionaire victim". He also has been at war with media for decades. He is just bringing that along with him as well.

Bless his heart.

Looked like alot of just in the news, negative a little, but not vile attacking and false like now.you have to admit is been amped it up ten fold.

I'm just going your original question, about did he have negative or positive press before he ran for office. I see several negative articles there.

Do do you think that Pres. Trump's own words and actions could have led to some of his current negative publicity?

I'm just going your original question, about did he have negative or positive press before he ran for office.

Ok so if we are going to be technical yes he has had negative stories in the past, if we are going to act like we have sense you know they were not out to attack every thing he did like they are now. The destroy Trump brigade is in full force. To deny that is denying the truth.

He had good press until he ran for president. Find the tons of negative stories on him before he ran.... Liberal smear job plain and simple. Liberal tactics make me sick. I'd hate the press now too.

Ok so if we are going to be technical yes he has had negative stories in the past, if we are going to act like we have sense you know they were not out to attack every thing he did like they are now. The destroy Trump brigade is in full force. To deny that is denying the truth.
I have plenty of sense.

You said that he had good press until he ran for president. I wasn't sure, so I did the research. That doesn't seem to be what the results show. If you want to change the question to something else now, we can. Do you feel that candidate Trump's own words and actions have led to many of the negative feelings toward him?

As an example, I never understood the ire people felt for Pres. Obama even before he took office. However, some of his comments post-election, validly made some more against him. I could understand why those words turned people off.

I have plenty of sense.

You said that he had good press until he ran for president. I wasn't sure, so I did the research. That doesn't seem to be what the results show. If you want to change the question to something else now, we can. Do you feel that candidate Trump's own words and actions have led to many of the negative feelings toward him?

As an example, I never understood the ire people felt for Pres. Obama even before he took office. However, some of his comments post-election, validly made some more against him. I could understand why those words turned people off.

So you didn't find any neutral or good press about Trump. Most of it was nuetral. Not partisan like it is now.

I'm not sure how people have formulated the theory that "People have issues with how Trump acts as President b/c Obama skewed the way that we see the position." What does my statement have to do with Obama??? People will jump to conclusions...it is getting worse by the day.

In regards to mockery, I don't feel that Trump should be on social media. If he has a social media secretary, fine. The President should not be replying to critics and questions in that manner. It appears petty and gives me no confidence in his ability to handle crisis. Additionally, if he is going to use social media, make sure that his facts are air tight. He loses credibility almost every time he throws out a statistic. The position of President is ABOVE responding to the media in 250 characters or less. He comes across as caring too much about what is said about him.

I was NEVER a fan of Obama. His constant need to appease in foreign affairs did not keep us out of any foreign entanglements. Rather, we have fallen further down the rabbit hole. Additionally, here at home, his apparent lack of commitment to law enforcement has contributed to the air of contempt that many in the public feel for the police.

Trump, I fear, is an egomaniac with no patience for our political process. The travel ban is the prime example. People with GREEN CARDS and VISAS were turned away with no explanation. Funny that the countries that have supplied the terrorists that have attacked this country were conveniently left off? He conveniently overlooked the vetting process in place. He just cowtowed to those that backed him.

As to those that wanted a change???? I would bet that it is a safe # to state that at least 30% of those who voted for Trump voted b/c he wasn't Hilary Clinton. They did not vote for Trump b/c they believed in him. Either way, one of the extreme sides of the spectrum was going to be appeased. I respect the office of President, but I am very suspicious of why Trump wanted the position. That said, he's better than Clinton.

Well said mex. I am right there with you on what you said here. :thumb: