Global warming.

jericho

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly believe in global warming. One of many man made things to contribute is cities. Cities made of concrete an drew black top, replacing trees and grass and displacing waterways that would naturally absorb that solar heat and reproduce it into oxygen and energy. Instead the concrete, brick and blacktop is absorbing that heat. Also the industrial revolution I truly believe helped aid in global warming. Can't convince me putting all that dirt in the air isn't causing heat to sTay trapped in out atmopshere. When every year is the hottest ever on record it starts becoming more than a coincidence. And yes I rrcycle

I truly believe in global warming. One of many man made things to contribute is cities. Cities made of concrete an drew black top, replacing trees and grass and displacing waterways that would naturally absorb that solar heat and reproduce it into oxygen and energy. Instead the concrete, brick and blacktop is absorbing that heat. Also the industrial revolution I truly believe helped aid in global warming. Can't convince me putting all that dirt in the air isn't causing heat to sTay trapped in out atmopshere. When every year is the hottest ever on record it starts becoming more than a coincidence. And yes I rrcycle

Lots of cities at the end of the last ice age.

It was a link to a wiki page and states the data was reconstructed. So in short avg global temps were not being tracked 1000 years ago. Best I can find is data going back to 1880. But for arguments sake let's say the 1000 year number is correct. That makes it .0000002222% of the planets existence. Is that really any better?

And who said do nothing? Wind energy just isn't a viable option. I think solar could be but it's expensive and the technology isn't where it needs to be.

Why not to the bolded? Every time I drive I-74 from Ky to Iowa I pass by dozens upon dozens of windmill farms amidst the endless sea of cornfields. Those people in Central Illinois are most decidedly not folks who tow the liberal line. Hell, there's a good 30 miles of road signs out on the edge of properties abutting the interstate talking about how Illinois' gun laws are foolish. Are those country farmers that nuanced in their political beliefs?

Plenty of cities yes, but what were the buildings and roads made of? Mostly stone for buildings and mud for roads.

And yet the climate changed. That's my point. The climate has changed before man was here, the climate will change wnem man is gone.