Global warming.

jericho

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see how people can deny this. Facts are facts, data proves the earth is getting hotter each year.

And yeah people have sped the process up at a high rate.

I don't think anyone has denied the temp has gotten warmer. It's mans affect on it that is in dispute. I'm still waiting for the trend info from 1000 years ago.

1850 is when temps were better taken but they do have an estimate of your 1000 year estimate.

nWo knows more than I.

Temperature record of the past 1 years - Wikipedia

So we have a sample size of 150 years for a planet that is how many billions of years old? Not to mention for the first 30 or so years of the records the earth was getting cooler. Happened again from about 1940 to about 1980, then started getting warmer to current date.

No it's not fear mongering. It's fact and if something is done soon it will be to a point of no return.

Climate change is global warming.

The climate is changing, it's getting hotter every year.

Not a coincidence.

I would love some global warming the 1st couple weeks of softball season, it's no fun being bundled up like an Eskimo.

Ref's right. We are not doing ourselves any favors. Venus is our future.

If so, who cares we won't be around to see it, and either will our kids, their kids, their kids kids, their kids kids kids, etc.

I still don't see how people can deny this. Facts are facts, data proves the earth is getting hotter each year.

And yeah people have sped the process up at a high rate.

Ref, we are lock step here.

What made you step away from the right on this?

Ref, we are lock step here.

What made you step away from the right on this?

I can't speak for ref, but he has been consistently eco-friendly on here.

Always loved animals and the outdoors. So tired of animals getting screwed out of their land and territory because of over population.

Always loved the Arctic and hate seeing it melt.

Nature is so beautiful.

Republicans and their thought on the environment is so wrong. I wish Obama would make more land and seas a preserve.

Nothing better than watching a wild animal in natural habitat just move around.

I guess I get it from my mom, who happens to think the best POTUS was Jimmy Carter. Hahahaha

I've always been a tree loving hippie.

if people can't see with their own eyes how the climate is changing is as blind as a Hillary Clinton supporter.

Which is a peculiar comparison considering that Hillary sides with scientists on the idea of global warming.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on this, or I at least believe that since the Industrial Revolution man has done way more to this earth than ever in the history of humanity, and it's completely worth examining the possibility that we've might've had a negative effect and done damage. It really doesn't sound that terribly far fetched. How much can we beat this earth up without it being effected?

I'm not of the mindset to toss out all of the typical cliches that the naysayers keep pounding, and irresponsibly not take heed to the warning. I don't know for sure and neither do those who consider it malarkey, though they typically speak with a snort of derision as if they are for certain. I'm not saying that I am, but because I'm not, I'm not so quick to dismiss it.

This topic shouldn't be politicized though it often is, but I do find it ironic that with this topic you so often have those who typically lean to the right in agreement with those who typically lean to the left, while you also find multitudes of naysayers on both sides of that line as well. Interesting and puzzling at the same time, but all the more reason that it could do without the politicizing that it often is subjected to.