What is a common food you have never tasted?

Randy Parker

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll eat about anything. Wish I had some photos of the breakfast bar that was in front of me the last week in Hong Kong. Tired to do a little something different every day. There were a few items I intentially passed on. Also ate at the mall food court every lunch. All local foods. Several items I had no c,use what they were.

With the seafood talk it reminds me, there is one somewhat common food that I've never tried (unless I was young and don't remember it) but would love to. Crawfish. I'm picky with seafood and like it as fresh as possible, which means not frozen. When I was working in Louisiana, I tried to find fresh crawfish given that they love them down there, but apparently they were out of season and I was told to wait until they're back in season so I can try them fresh. By the time they were in season I had been relocated to Wisconsin. So I have yet to try fresh crawfish.

Love me some mud bugs.

mudbugs.jpg

I figured I was the only one. Hard boiled-I have to leave the house.

I can only eat scrambled eggs or maybe a very well done fried egg with the yolk broken up and mixed in a bit. I could never eat eggs over easy, etc.

I am completely with you on hard boiled eggs. Just the smell of them makes me nauseous.

I can only eat scrambled eggs or maybe a very well done fried egg with the yolk broken up and mixed in a bit. I could never eat eggs over easy, etc.

I am completely with you on hard boiled eggs. Just the smell of them makes me nauseous.

I wonder who saw an egg laid and decided that might be something good to eat.:lol2:

I never had a brussel sprout until a few years ago and now I love them if they're roasted. Salazar's on OTR has some GREAT sprouts.

The only thing I eat "pickled" is pickles. Nothing else.

I had something new for breakfast this morning. Pickled egg sandwich.

I had a bunch of pickled eggs left over from the holidays and I am trying to find new ways to enjoy them.

This was pretty good. I cut the egg up and put it on toast, added some salt and pepper and a little Hellman's. I think I might make some pickled egg salad.

Stuff my wife never heard of before she met me - fried egg sandwiches, scrapple (like goetta but betta), soft crab sandwiches.

Stuff I never heard of before I met her - chocolate gravy, combination, transparent pie.

Cultural enlightenment